FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Holy crap.. what the hell is going on.. (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=5143)

bryanleighty 11-26-2007 12:46 PM

Holy crap.. what the hell is going on..

this time last year I think I had been on the water so much i was growing webs between my toes. ive been out in only 1 or 2 midly entertaining sessions in the past month or so.. ya.. i missed out on that windy weekend a month ago as i was away from town.. blah!!!

i see that some have been able to catch an hour or two here or there.. but waiting 4 hours on a beach for 1 hour of riding is not in my game plan these days.

ugh.

what a crap-fest of a season so far.

pissed off and annoyed.

BigR 11-26-2007 12:52 PM

rode 4 hours on fri

and 3 on sat

maybe you weren't @ the right spot?

yeah, la nina years we get suckier wind on da west coast

Tom Stock 11-26-2007 01:13 PM

Rode for 3 hours on Sat morning also and of course it's blowing right now...

Sean B 11-26-2007 05:15 PM

Was windy ALL day today boys. 18knots+ in north county. I'm exhausted. Last couple days have been good up here in the morning. There's wind, just gotta find it. ;)

Skyway Scott 11-26-2007 05:37 PM

Today totally rocked at EB from 11 am to 3pm. S to SSE to SSW at 18 plus as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it were a little more windy your way, Sean.
Still, EB was very good, at least until around 3.
Saturday morning was good as well, as stated.

This is a typical season, maybe just a tad worse, imo.
The last 2 seasons were atypically awesome. Especially the weekends.
We had 17 weekends in a row of wind last season starting around early November. That was pretty unreal and anything but normal.
It may have left some with the wrong impression of what is normal around here. It's not uncommon this time of year to deal with blown or delayed forecasts associated with weak fronts just fading away.
2002 was the worst, if memory serves correctly.

Last season in St. Augustine was a friggin' nightmare for those guys.
I think they had like 6 decent days in 5 months. I remember calling Daryl and hearing the horror stories.

Anyway, the last two years were unbelievably awesome.
Hopefully we will get some better stuff in the future, but matching last year would be hard to do, imo.
Unfortunately, this really isn't Brazil. :(

highroller 11-26-2007 05:38 PM

same here

1 Attachment(s)
Miami Beach looks horrible ... spent all of yesterday waiting for wind to pickup and this is the forecast for the next days

Skyway Scott 11-26-2007 05:45 PM

Ugh :(

The good news when you see a bad forecast is it might be wrong.

jim 11-26-2007 07:08 PM

Forecasts lately have been really depressing! (see iwindsurf for coming weekend) They are frequently wrong also. and there has been wind quite a bit but you have to be "on call" and ready to drop everything to get it. Seemed like the past 2 years have been much better predictions and wind that would blow all day . Hope things get better as the season progresses. Seems like a really big kite is needed here to even get out regularly. Not as much fun as a smaller kite but better than nothing.

skempthepimp 11-26-2007 07:10 PM

You guys always have to look at the bright side of life. Like, at least my wife can't get mad at me for kiting too much and caring more about kiting then my 8 month old daughter!!! It's lulls like this that can keep a man alive. Good fishing too. Mackeral were so thick 2 weeks ago that a local guide and his friend caught, no lie, 700 spanish and small king mackeral in one outing... on hook and line and with live bait. Reds are everywhere and grouper are in the bay early, and people are catching a lot of both!

Skyway Scott 11-26-2007 08:18 PM

Well put, Skemp.
Yep Jim, my 15m gets used more than any size, by FAR....
I easily could have ridden it all day today, but I am practicing my 4th trick and can't afford to get whacked by the unreal juice of the 15 Hyper in 20. :)