FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Got kiteloops? 7M fuel for sale (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=4541)

Woodson 08-31-2007 08:51 AM

Thanks Scott. I just remember watching you guys ride in 35-45 while the sand biting my ankles some months back at Treasure... at leaast this way I can get out on the water...

inferno 08-31-2007 08:56 AM

my recommendation...

if this is your first time on a Ckite in high wind (ie 7m fuel in 35+) dont do it in waves, your gonna get seriously worked and possibly hurt.... there is no depower on a 7m Ckite in 40... its all about edging, guts, and the lack of "reason" brain cells......hey, maybe i should buy it :)

popeye 08-31-2007 08:59 AM

Actually Inferno, I was surprised you didn't. You want a kiteloop kite and this is pretty much it... just ask Ruben :)

Anyway, woodson may have thought this came with the bar... still waiting on a reply so I think it may still be available unless he says otherwise.

Woodson 08-31-2007 09:26 AM

I was under the impression it came with bars and skimpy clad women...

For the sake of a the community and having no experience with C kites. probably in everyone's best interest if I refrained.

Thanks to everyone who PM'd stating that this wasn't the kite for me!

Thanks for the offer bud!

Skyway Scott 08-31-2007 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inferno (Post 22576)
my recommendation...

if this is your first time on a Ckite in high wind (ie 7m fuel in 35+) dont do it in waves, your gonna get seriously worked and possibly hurt.... there is no depower on a 7m Ckite in 40... its all about edging, guts, and the lack of "reason" brain cells......hey, maybe i should buy it :)

YEP. :) I would get a 7m Waroo (maybe 9) for the really windy days.
Cindy has them on sale, so does Daryl at EK, for like 365.

I was on a 7m Ozone Instinct that day at the beach.
Others were on 7m Waroos and even a FIVE meter waroo (Chris Bigger) at the beginning of the day, when it was most windy.

Kevin rigged up a 7m Fuel when it "dropped" to 35 and basically got his ass handed to him. He is a good rider and only rides C kites. If it was flat water he would have been fine, but it was the Gulf.
Dr. Bruce launched a 9m Waroo and had to put it down.
35 plus aint no joke.

I think when you got there, it was 25 to 30. That's pretty light compared to 35+. At one point Chris Moore was even on his 12m Ion in that and I think Toby launched his 14 Thruster (way too big, but he made it work).

Remember the little kid getting whacked on the trainer? LOL.....That was a fun day. I wish it stayed at 40 the whole time.

bryanleighty 08-31-2007 09:56 AM

if you want a small kite.. check out nwkite.com i got a used 2006 7m waroo for 250.. then saw another 1 week later for 200.. then saw a 2007 7m waroo for 250..

they go thru tiny kites there like you would not believe.

JoshTaylor 08-31-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodson (Post 22579)
I was under the impression it came with bars and skimpy clad women...

For the sake of a the community and having no experience with C kites. probably in everyone's best interest if I refrained.

Thanks to everyone who PM'd stating that this wasn't the kite for me!

Thanks for the offer bud!

your correct on that one! my old 7 fuel (same as that one, still think thats an 04..) i used to throw kiteloops that would get ripped out of my hand. that thing can pull. my switch 7 can do the same, i've just got better grip and skill now.

popeye 08-31-2007 10:11 PM

Hurts like hell when it rips the bar from your hands! Throbbing and burning red hands! lol