FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Session Report! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   When is it gonna be On!! (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=8658)

troubleshooter 09-11-2009 03:24 PM

When is it gonna be On!!

OK. Been itchin' for too many months now. Time to hype the season up. Had a nice little tease thanks to that low a few weeks ago but now its time to talk business.

What are the bets for the season kick-off. Not talking 20-25 knot 40 degree front but the first wind front of the year. Bring it on!

My guess. First week of October.

b-rad 09-12-2009 07:37 AM

3rd week of oct

this has been the least windy summer in a while...great for the wake, but man...I can't wait to kite !!!

greg meintjes 09-12-2009 03:07 PM

few more days

You are right ,this has been the worst summer in a few years, I had almost forgotten how bad it could be in summer regarding no wind, but since I have no equipment at the moment, if it does start blowing in the next few days I will go crazy not being able to ride, although I could borrow or use an old 2 line kite.

Greg

noel 09-13-2009 10:28 AM

It has actually been the worst summer for wind everywhere except for maybe the gorge. Jersey has had the worst summer for wind in 10 years. Summer didn't even start till July. I keep hearing this thing about El Nino and as I remember that is what killed it before. Hoping for the best.

I say the 3rd week of October.

al-kite-ah 09-14-2009 08:29 PM

hey noel where are you???

hey buddy are you on LBI or the keys??? allen

noel 09-14-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by al-kite-ah (Post 41859)
hey buddy are you on LBI or the keys??? allen

Hey Al. I'm in Jersey right now. Had surgery for a torn meniscus about a month ago. Hurt it @ 2 years ago riding with a known pro in your area. (thanks Billy) I will be in Tarpon Springs for a week in Oct. and then back to the keys (probably permanently) by the end of Oct.. I'll give you a shout when I'm in TS.

al-kite-ah 09-15-2009 12:11 PM

ok stay in touch

Quote:

Originally Posted by noel (Post 41860)
Hey Al. I'm in Jersey right now. Had surgery for a torn meniscus about a month ago. Hurt it @ 2 years ago riding with a known pro in your area. (thanks Billy) I will be in Tarpon Springs for a week in Oct. and then back to the keys (probably permanently) by the end of Oct.. I'll give you a shout when I'm in TS.

noel i am off next thursday i am looking for wind...hatteras or up your way chat with you next week.....keep fingers crossed...allen

ricki 09-16-2009 03:48 PM

I've been out of it for a while but will guess we should have a nice frontal season opener by mid October. Some years it has even come in September, a good week of strong NE too. Fingers crossed.

troubleshooter 09-29-2009 12:04 AM

Looks like the first front of the season is pushing through. I think the west coast Tampa crew will get some action.

Does not look good for us down south and in the Keys. Too weak to bring any wind. But hey, its a front that will make it down. Maybe we have a good season eh!

bigpimp'n 09-30-2009 10:46 PM

I was hoping u were right troubleshooter.
Looks like we might have to wait a bit longer.
I hope I still have my sanity when the first rideable wind comes thru.