FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Events (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Lets Race!!!!! (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=6360)

Steve-O 04-29-2008 07:45 PM

Kick ass race today.....it was challenging, fast, and fun. It has been a tough year for calling races, but I had no doughts that today was gonna work. Good call organizers. Last years race for me felt like survival....but this year felt like a race. I pinched myself when I saw Bill Parker to my left about 10 minutes in. He just smiled and shouted at me to keep up. Classic Billy Parker.

Thanks to all that arranged their schedules last minute to make this happen. It was great seeing all the smiles at the end. Can't wait until the next one.....

Steve-O

onthefritz 04-29-2008 08:03 PM

Sounds like a great race. Congratulations to all the riders who finished and those who tried.

bayflite 04-29-2008 08:11 PM

true that dude!
jason has a knack4 this stuff.
makes it look easy.

<jason 04-29-2008 08:15 PM

great time....

I was probably the most inexperienced kiter in the race today....
and I am very proud to say that I finished the race under my own power and did not finish last...although it wouldnt have made any difference if I did ...just very glad I made it:)

Although im sure i would have done better if i would have used my board leash..
( lost my board like 8 times :confused: ..)
thanks to everyone involved..

amber 04-30-2008 01:03 AM

fritz, we missed you! More people will be sporting your apparel thanks to your donations though.

after 8 hours of cropping, trying to fix exposure due to overcast skies, etc. I am done. Just need to put them in a gallery and they'll be up tomorrow. i'll let you know when.

onthefritz 04-30-2008 06:17 AM

Thanks! Wish I could have been there to cheer everyone on and meet some of you. Cant wait to see the pics. I cant imagine cropping for 8 hours.. wow. Kuddos to you Amber!

genew 04-30-2008 08:59 AM

First race expierience

Yesterday was a HOOT! I have been kiting for about 7 months. Having never been off the flats, I really didn't know what to expect. Combining the aprehension of a new deep water expierience, with that of pre-race jitters, I certainly didn't need any more coffee! Having never done a downwinder, I rigged for what I thought would be a managable easy ride, 11M (I weigh 165 wet). Big mistake, should have ridden at least a 13 or maybe a 15.
Anyway all things considered it was a great event (Props to Jason and Chris!)
I will for sure do it again and I highly recommend a downwinder for any novices. You can learn more in 1.5 hours downwind than you can in 5 hours in the flats.
Thanks for the fun and excitement, can't wait for next year
By the way Jay, my wife has volenteered to help out next time if you need it.:D :D :D