FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's happening? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Marathon (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=5492)

ricki 01-13-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabo123 (Post 27626)
since you offer anything you have would be great. main thing is to give kiters some rights. I have had a old lady come put her stuff beside me and then go complain to the park rangers because she thought we weren't safe. hopefully we can get a kite launching area and some good guidelines to follow.

The main thing is to avoid complaints at all cost. Even if you are well within your rights, go the extra mile to avoid hard feelings. In most bans there have been a few, often very few highly vocal complainers that screwed the pooch for us. I'll work some ideas and annotated images up and post them here for discussion. A designated launch at BH would be great but will likely involve some lobbying. Are you close to any of the rangers there? Any possibility of getting some into the sport?

Adam 01-15-2008 05:27 PM

im actully staying in marathon with a buddy of mine and my family for spring break so i need some info for around there too. Cabo let me know where your going to stay and maybe we could hook up and ride.

kabo123 01-15-2008 06:23 PM

marathon

well I stay just north of the airport in allitle house on the bay,
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER

Adam 01-15-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabo123 (Post 27775)
well I stay just north of the airport in allitle house on the bay,

oops lol i ment to put jaco but same for you kabo i could use some local knowladge

jaco 01-16-2008 02:17 PM

Hey Adam,
We haven't booked a place yet, but I'll let you know. I'm there with the family, so it isn't a pure kiting trip, but if there's wind....I'll kite as much as I can.

Adam 01-16-2008 07:19 PM

yeah same here im going with my family but im gonna hit up that comp. in key west and kite as much as i can.

jaco 02-05-2008 04:40 PM

Anyone have any assortment of photos kiting in/near Marathon or Bahia Honda?

kabo123 02-05-2008 04:56 PM

marathon

1 Attachment(s)
heres 2 from the other day
________
Live Sex

kabo123 02-05-2008 04:57 PM

marathon

1 Attachment(s)
heres the other
________
Juicepop22

jaco 02-05-2008 05:05 PM

Right on...is coco plumb a good spot? Is the beach big? Where do you launch/ride from? I know there's hotels and such along the beach there.