FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Events (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   i've got a 12 pack... test run anyone? (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=2385)

kent 10-25-2006 11:24 AM

i've got a 12 pack... test run anyone?

Wind looks great for Saturday. anyone in for an informal test run of the race course? 12 pack entry, winner takes all. all we need is for someone to say go and a finish line. This would be good to test new gear, etc. Start at around 1sh. The ride will only take about 1 hr. is the wind is good. Less do it!

I'm in. Anyone else?

Kent

SURFNUT 10-25-2006 11:56 AM

Sounds like fun! If the wind sucks in ST.AUG then ill be there with 1 case 12 for the race and 12 for me :lol:.Wait a min the race in ST.AUG has no prizes but now were talking BEER. COUNT ME IN .We will need one more person for cooler and ice duties :lol: Warm beer should be a crime :lol: give me some more details

BigR 10-25-2006 12:24 PM

I'm in Kent!

We'll see ya at 1pm at Honeymoon Island!

better have your 12 pack corona ready to offer up cause I'll be takin' it at the end of da' ride! :lol:

C. Moore 10-25-2006 12:47 PM

Count me in Kent..

-Chris

toby wilson 10-25-2006 01:07 PM

I'm in... :twisted:

inferno 10-25-2006 01:13 PM

im gonna try really hard to join you guys, ive never done a down winder

kent 10-25-2006 01:24 PM

just a thought... would it be better to meet at the place of the finish and car pool up? anyone with a very nice significant other that could drop us off and meet us at the finish line? it would be great if we didn't have to do the the drive up and back to get cars again? we could all chip in a bit to help out?

I bet we get 10-15 people heading down. i would like to see the finishing area first though so we know where to get out. what do you think of meeting at 12 at the finish and car pooling? will this work?

Kent

toby wilson 10-25-2006 06:30 PM

I may be able to get Amber to drive from the start to the finish for us...I'll have to ask her.

amber 10-26-2006 08:26 AM

I am a very nice significant other. I can cart your guys around no problem. Toby and I drive smaller SUV's though so we may have to throw a couple of you guys on the roof rack unless someone has a bigger car they'll let us use.

SURFNUT 10-26-2006 09:21 AM

I gotta truck and a driver. So pile in no prob. Are we going to meet at the finish line ? Sounds good to me .I have never kited in this area so to see the finish line first would be great . Just to get a land marks . So Bongos @ 12:00 ??

inferno 10-26-2006 09:40 AM

12 sounds good to me

kent 10-26-2006 09:46 AM

bongos at 12. sound good. we better try to be on time due to the fact that the front seems be coming in fairly quick. i'm sure that we don't want to do it after it goes north. i only have 1 very small board right now and i don't feel like swimming the course! I'm looking forward to it and i'll bring my 12 pk.

PS. Amber. thanks for being a very nice significant other... can you please help mine to be one as well?

Kent

inferno 10-26-2006 10:36 AM

i know myself as well as others have plenty of boards, im bringing all three of mine (to bongos) if you need one
-danny

toby wilson 10-26-2006 10:53 AM

Yeah Kent, Amber and I have 4 boards combined, 6 if my Ocean Rodeo order comes in before this weekend...You are welcome to use one of our boards too.

inferno 10-26-2006 11:25 AM

question, are you guys planning on racing, cause im more interested in just having some fun and riding waves down the shore line

LittleL 10-26-2006 11:37 AM

Kent,
I heard Paula voluntered you to shuttle people up while she does the downwinder and I think Raul wants to help as well. :lol:

Looking forward to you guys coming up to the Tampa area and glad to hear Paula is enjoying kiting 8)

Lori

SURFNUT 10-26-2006 02:03 PM

Inferno BALLS OUT !!! Come on were running for BEER

inferno 10-26-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SURFNUT
Inferno BALLS OUT !!! Come on were running for BEER

guess ill be taking my time since i dont drink :lol:

im looking forward to carving up so killer shore break, with a west wind we will have decent 2-5ft waves barreling along the shore line just crying out to be carved

not to mention all the spectators on the beach to show off in front of 8)

kent 10-26-2006 02:29 PM

it looks like the front is coming through a bit earlier that at first. maybe we should meet at 11:00 at bongos. Thoughts? I'll be there. I understand the Damien Leroy will be in town with the new cab boards and kites. I'm sure watersports west will get the word out as well. i'm going to try his directional out, but the wind looks very good so i'm sure my lab rat will be fine.

Let's run'em. beers to the victor! Big R, where are you?

Kent

inferno 10-26-2006 02:57 PM

i say we do the downwinder even earlier then that, the earlier the better, supposedly the demo kites will be at Bongos around 11-12 so why dont we start the race around 9????

(we should wait till tomorrow afternoon to decide so we have a better idea of when the front will hit, cause its supposed to bring a good amount of rain, we can start the race right after it passes)

kent 10-26-2006 03:28 PM

i'm out on 9 unfortunately. i can't get up there that early. the down wind portion won't take longer than 1.5 hrs. at the most and will leave plenty of time for demos. if we start at 12 we will be down by 1:30 and demoing away. i agree tomorrow it will be easier to make the call.

Kent

SURFNUT 10-27-2006 09:07 AM

So whats up :?: Name the time and place

Woodson 10-27-2006 09:19 AM

Hey guys

Driving in from ATL and have an SUV, bring my gf and can fit three or so in the car for the ride back with boards up top.

Look forward to meeting you guys, Bongos at 12? Right?

kent 10-27-2006 09:40 AM

let's meet at 11. windguru indicates that starting the dw at 12 would be perfect. the rain should stop by then. i know that Gebi is coming and says he has a board that can't be beat! we can't let some skinny, raw-food-eating vegan take home all the beer (even if he does have several Olympic medals to his name). Come on Tampa, show him some wild redneck speed. Pork power!

see you at 11!

ricki 10-27-2006 10:30 AM

I'll be coming over too. Hope the squalls bleed off early and the solid frontal winds start early. Should be fun.

kent 10-27-2006 01:21 PM

what...no comments on the red neck thing? something...anything...

see you at 11! CB2 12 or Contra 14 and a 34.5 cm wide Lab Rat, vintage 2003.

Kent

toby wilson 10-27-2006 01:48 PM

Ptooey!!! Y'all city folk think yer gunna come up her ta are beeches an' talk ta us like we're NASCAR fans er sumthin'? Well bring it on, bub!!! Iza got my Oceen Rowdeo Mako 150 an' a 17.5 Macheen that'll whup some outta towner tailgate!!! Ges wer' such hillbillies that we jus' needa bring 12 packs a Busch er Natty Lite!!! :P :lol:

RbGar 10-27-2006 02:08 PM

Wish I could be down there with you guys and rubbin with those sweet southern girls. It's going to be 30-60 knots and cold up here tomorrow :cry:

Mira 10-27-2006 07:04 PM

There is any place for a girl????
I am in. :D

ricki 10-27-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mira
There is any place for a girl????
I am in. :D

Absolutely! Gebi is a vegan, Kent isn't so tough and I don't even drink beer anymore (damn), the local guys may hold back on the local moves until the official race so should be a piece of cake and fun! Women can kick butt in kiting, bring it on.

ricki 10-27-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RbGar
Wish I could be down there with you guys and rubbin with those sweet southern girls. It's going to be 30-60 knots and cold up here tomorrow :cry:

Well, you'll likely have more snow to play in than us in time. That counts for something. Anyone for snow kiting?

bayflite 10-27-2006 11:15 PM

Just a heads up to ya'll not familiar with the gulf. Downwind of the redington

long pier, (about 10 mins on a kite) as part of a measure2 prevent beach

erosion, you should be aware of concrete jetty's staggard like 30 - 40

meters apart for about a mile. They, along with the swim zone markers/crab

traps could pose problems for downed kites. But my main concern is a ripper

from outta town gettin torqued by one of those jeddy's. Must be at least 30 of

em and they are barely visable at certain tide levels.

l8r

Woodson 10-28-2006 07:05 AM

Looking at 11 or 9? Being from out of town and already up for some odd reason, I'll cruise by around 9 just in case...