FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   ** KITER BUZZ ** (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   jupiter fl (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=3957)

bryanleighty 05-14-2007 12:36 PM

jupiter fl

heya..

i am heading from St. Petersburg to Jupiter this coming up weekend (Sunday and Monday)..looking for good launch points .. im hoping to sneak out for a couple hours here and there if the wind is good.

Im not familiar with the area.. will be staying on E. Indiantown Rd near HWY 1.

thanks!

Bryan

BigR 05-14-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

looking for good launch points .. im hoping to sneak out for a couple hours here and there if the wind is good.

Im not familiar with the area.. will be staying on E. Indiantown Rd near HWY 1.

Jupiter Inlet @ Jupiter Bch County Park:

Take 95 to Jupiter, then 706 east. Take A1A north and next right onto Jupiter Beach Road. At the end turn right onto Ocean Trail Way until it ends in a parking lot.

da' bomb

http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll...!I0&rfrr=-6600

Skyway Scott 05-14-2007 01:11 PM

Jeremy at JupiterKiteboarding is a good contact.

bryanleighty 05-14-2007 02:11 PM

per Jeremy, the inlet is closed.. park there is closed due to beach issues.

BigR 05-14-2007 02:18 PM

Then You'll have to go to Carlin park which is just a mile south of there....

Not as nice but still good, it is open ocean and waves can get big on a good day. Launch is narrower beach strip plus you'll have beach break

ricki 05-14-2007 05:55 PM

If the wind is on, you should see other kiters about a mile or two south of Carlin Park and a couple miles north of the Juno Fishing Pier. There should be waves if there is wind, have fun.

airushdave 05-14-2007 08:34 PM

Jupiter

Do To Complaints do not kite surf at carlin park or corners please kite at stair number 10 which is about 6 staircases north of Marcinski rd just look for the kites this is KITEBEACH JUPITER and lets keep it that way THANKS DAVE

latino 05-21-2007 11:18 AM

may 20 2007

2 Attachment(s)
may 19 2007 2:30 or 3:00 pm jupiter beach

ricki 05-21-2007 11:44 AM

Waterspouts! The key for truly big air and rapid trips to the ER. That time of year is here when waterspouts become fairly common. Latino it stayed well offshore during your session? I have only seen two go ashore myself. Some turn into tornados and really tear things up.

bryanleighty 05-23-2007 11:35 AM

had a great 3 hour session in jupiter on Sunday. well litt on my 16 waroo..

i realized after i had rigged and launched i was more north of stair 10.

just around the bend from the park i saw a number of kites so i rigged there..

after riding for a bit i saw a ton of kites south of the area i was at (Xanadu)...

as there were lots of other riders where i was at, i didnt think i needed to relocate.

I rode back and forth from Xanadu to stair 10 a number of times. Seems like the shore break was much worse at stair 10.

i will say that Jupiter riders have pretty intense conditions compared to the flat/light chop we ride in daily. I have no idea how anyone but a solid intermediate kiter could stand a chance. Where the hell do your beginners start??

took me 4 tried to even get off the beach. never had that happen before. holy crap it was insane. truly felt more like "survival kiting" than anything.

Once i got that hang of it, i had a f**king blast. winds picking up in that later of the day, boosting huge.. fun fun fun..