FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Early next week? (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=4612)

bryanleighty 09-13-2007 09:24 AM

Early next week?

looking possible...?.. ikite showing some stronger NE.

Skyway Scott 09-13-2007 09:27 AM

iKite forecast

inferno 09-13-2007 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyway Scott (Post 23054)
iKite forecast

is that an oxymoron???

Skyway Scott 09-13-2007 09:28 AM

I don't know what that means. It has moron in it, so probably.
We are pretty hard on Ikan'tsurf. Maybe we should back off?
That'd be cool if a NE came. More sunset/night rides.
It's the best direction for the 9 to 5'er.

inferno 09-13-2007 09:57 AM

cant wait for my DP's to start up again :)

bryanleighty 09-13-2007 11:30 AM

Im getting psyched as well!

looking at wind history for Sept 2006.. only about 4 or 5 days of consistent looking winds (per skyway graphs).. a few big evening E days.. but from these graphs it was pretty bleak.

we've had 6 days this Sept that are around the 20mph mark so far..

oct 2006 shows about 16 days around the 20 mark.. quite a number of mornings that tapered off at mid-day.. quite a number that are 20+ and strong all day..

Nov about the same as Oct... some very windy days.

and so on and so on..

soon ..

Skyway Scott 09-13-2007 11:38 AM

Don't forget Bryan,

Last year the SW sensor had a VERY strong tendency to stay pegged all day long at 17 knots regardless of the actual wind where we ride. If you were to sit at the SW on these days, it very rarely (it did a few times) but rarely blew all day from the East or NE. It's more likely to slow by 11am and then fill in again about 2 hours before sunset. So, don't trust the wind history from the SW is my point.

The only wind directions (typically) that it will blow good all day are a true NW cold front and those SSE switching to SSW days at EB (these days tend to be the draw before the coldfront, with a strong t'band just to our north). Amazingly, we had a TON of those days (either NW or SSE) last year on the weekends..... 17 weekends in a row, as I remember. Pretty unreal.

This year the SW sensor seems to be reading about 4 knots high but is consistent and is not getting pegged, which is good. :)

bryanleighty 09-13-2007 12:37 PM

scott / danny.. (and/or anyone else that would care to join in).. lets try to keep track of our kite sessions for this up coming season.. starting from now just try to take note of any day you get out to ride.. wind speeds, kites used, location, count of other kites in the air and any other details..

i know that if you have a gmail email account it has a built in online calendar that you can share out.. easy to use and update..

thoughts?

Skyway Scott 09-13-2007 12:55 PM

That's a great idea. I always try to get wind speed details from people every day they ride. I don't write it down, but take mental notes. It helps give a feel for patterns over time by doing this. Maybe just use the let's ride area and post short sesh reports.

BigR 09-13-2007 01:20 PM

Cool, a sess counter