FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Hazards at North Skyway (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=1550)

Skyway Scott 05-30-2006 01:44 PM

Yeah,

Just RUN when done..

Optionryder420 05-30-2006 03:44 PM

:D

E-Bone 05-30-2006 08:13 PM

I am just going to attach a dildo to the hull. The non-kiters that hang at backside will thus drag it into the mangroves and save us the trouble.

Skyway Scott 05-30-2006 08:22 PM

Sheer genius.

toby wilson 05-30-2006 08:37 PM

Lawyers...always thinking!!! Great idea E-Bone, I didn't know you had a dildo but you should probably get rid of it anyway!!! :P :lol: :shock:

Stevil Kenevil 05-31-2006 07:51 AM

I could build a section of vinly fence there, but thats just something else to run into before falling on the boat hull...
Seriously, we have to try and dig it out and pull it with something.Or try and cut it up with a sawzall.

bryanleighty 05-31-2006 08:07 AM

how about weekend of 24th and 25th of June.. check the tides.. head out there on the first low tide possible and see how much we can dig out..

Eagle brought out a canoe last time which was great for putting pieces we broke free ..

we just swam the canoe out to deepest part of the channel and flipped it.

the thing is covered with oysterbeds.. not sure if its legal to remove it from the water.. we just "relocated' it.

we need at least 5 or more guys with strong backs out there.

need to bring heavy duty shovels .. crowbars.. and BRING A FEW PAIRS OF GLOVES...

-Bryan

Skyway Scott 05-31-2006 08:15 AM

Zero worries on legality, IMO.

JoshTaylor 05-31-2006 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toby wilson
Already happened once as everyone knows...almost twice due to the crappy QR on the SS Surefire spreader bar...

speaking of that....

that damn quick release caused my brand new switchblade (12m) to get shreded in corpus.

the spot the games were at was SKETCHY!!! jettys all down the beach like the ones on madiera beach, but they are longer and have more barnacles on them.

I was riding toeside and carved to healside and somehow accidentlly hit the QR on my ss spreader bar, and dropped the kite on a jetty. like 6 rips in the canopy, the leading edge and a strut blew out.

thank god it blew 20+ everyday i was there and had my 7 meter to ride :)

About the boat.

I'm in to help get it out.

but it's going to be freaking HARD! I was there when we got most of it out.

that thing is in deep and doesn't wana budge

Optionryder420 05-31-2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshTaylor
Quote:

Originally Posted by toby wilson
Already happened once as everyone knows...almost twice due to the crappy QR on the SS Surefire spreader bar...

speaking of that....

that damn quick release caused my brand new switchblade (12m) to get shreded in corpus.

the spot the games were at was SKETCHY!!! jettys all down the beach like the ones on madiera beach, but they are longer and have more barnacles on them.

I was riding toeside and carved to healside and somehow accidentlly hit the QR on my ss spreader bar, and dropped the kite on a jetty. like 6 rips in the canopy, the leading edge and a strut blew out.

thank god it blew 20+ everyday i was there and had my 7 meter to ride :)

Damn... How'd you do out there besides that?

And about the boat... when it's low tide, is it visible?

How big of a boom would we need?