FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   is the winter season over already??? (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=3392)

dillette53 02-26-2007 10:09 AM

is the winter season over already???

it seems like in the beginning of the season we had sommany windy days...whats up with this drought are the cold fronts drying up already....or was i just willing to ride in anything 10 and up.....but anyway i hope its not like this for the rest of the winter season

PHENN 02-26-2007 10:23 AM

The good news is i'm trying to leave the island this weekend... that means the wind will suddenly pick up and you'll all have great stories to tell.

Incidentally.. I think I recall that Balloonboy guy telling me that March/April are often the best?... Ballooner... bestow your wisdom please...

Beachbum1236 02-26-2007 11:47 AM

I hope the season isn't over. :confused: it usually goes one for much longer....

mocean 02-26-2007 04:44 PM

elnino year

which meens that we could have a rad summer but the wind has been south for a whyle.
well we still have spring PLEASE let there be wind.
aj

Matteo 02-26-2007 06:43 PM

Logbook

I thought the winter should at least carry through May, maybe not those nasty cold fronts but at least some nice E wind.

How about keeping a logbook ? AJ, can your web guy work something out for us ??

mocean 02-27-2007 07:59 AM

for sure

yea my web guy can sort out the log book,just as easy to have a look on past weather history on any of the web sites we use for wind.
this winter has sucked as far as wind goes so far.
mabe we are just in a bit of a doldrum ...spring is just around the cnr,trying not to give up hope just yet.
I wonder what the wind has been like in the states FL?
aj

BigR 02-27-2007 08:30 AM

We've been getting wind once a week , usually on sundays for the past month or so, 20-30+kts here in Tampa. The other 6 days nothing much. Looks like maybe wind again this weekend:confused:

RbGar 02-27-2007 12:13 PM

Sorry boys but from where I stand I can't f*&^&^wait till summer, cranking sea breezes everyday,,, yea baby bring it on!

RbGar 02-27-2007 12:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
a couple Rhode Island pics for ya.

mocean 02-27-2007 03:43 PM

well that's not cool

dude's I don't want to work for a living ,I need wind.
we allways get like this and then the wind picks back up..mabe time for wakeboarding.
speaking of wich..some one copyed your guys tow up thing ....with a small kite, there calling it a wake kite and looks prity good might get one.
short lines (2 line set up)
aj