FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   CHeck Out these customs I MAde (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=10450)

Kitespear813 02-24-2011 03:21 PM

CHeck Out these customs I MAde

2 Attachment(s)
I just made these for me and a friend of mine, 140x41. We will be out at east beach probly tommarrow, for their virgin runs, If anyone wants to try one out an give me some feedback it would be greatly apprec.

Sean

BigR 02-24-2011 04:10 PM

nice Sean!

pretty aggressive rocker too!

Kitespear813 02-24-2011 04:35 PM

Thanks BigR.

Super Aggressive rocker, but with the outline and oliptical concave its screams upwind.....(or its predicessor did) hhoping it will be similar but better.
u riding tommarrow?

Jake 03-07-2011 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice boards!!! What was the construction? Balsa core? Carbon fiber?

Perhaps Rick can create a new forum for board/kite construction.

I just finished my fifth board (122 x 46) and tested it yesterday. Balsa core with fiberglass/epoxy. It was not that good in the chop as it has very little rocker. But at least it did not break with some fairly hard landings. As it held up I may ask a friend to add the graphics since I'm not that artistic.

Kitespear813 03-08-2011 07:47 AM

Thats A nice Board Too. Mine is Constructed of Divincell H80 Foam And Fiber Glass. I have found that With a good outline and Bottom Shape you can achieve really good upwind ability(with alot of Rocker) and The board eats thru chop. My board has almost 2" of rocker. But goes upwind Like a champ.

jetpack 03-10-2011 01:30 PM

Kite,

Did you do the graphics? Nice!

Kitespear813 03-11-2011 08:21 AM

The graphics were designed by Me and my friend Danny, in Illustrator and then 3m vehicle wrapped and clear coated.

Jake 03-13-2011 11:56 AM

How well does the 3M wrap with clear coat hold up? I thought about trying that on the bottom, but was not sure if it would last.

Kitespear813 03-14-2011 12:56 PM

The 3m Wrap With the clear coat that comes on it will not last for the bottom, It does ok for the Top... I have heard That you can clear coat the 3m with a Good vehicle spray clear. But i have not tried it yet. for my next board the graphics will be printed on fabric and then layed under whatever fiberglass i use, The only problem with that is it will have to be A UV resistant epoxy which is more $$$.

Jake 03-15-2011 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I usually paint my boards with either white or black appliance epoxy spray paint. It dries real hard and I usually wet sand it and freehand the graphics. I've used Sharpie markers and/or enamel paint for the graphics. I then put a clear top coat and wet sand it. I've never had a problem with any of the graphics wearing off or fading, but then I'm very careful about riding up on the beach and I don't leave my boards on the beach exposed.