FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Fractured Rib (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=5796)

kiteUSF 02-18-2008 03:28 PM

Fractured Rib

Last Wed. i did a kiteloop to fractured rib @ P-Grille. Absolutely sucks with all this warm wind. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has ever had a broken rib. The doctors told me 2-3 weeks. I know that there is nothing to really do for it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chase

WindRyder 02-18-2008 03:54 PM

Impact vest..buddy broke a rib in the Keys last year doing a kite loop. He wears a vest now.

toby wilson 02-18-2008 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chase, I'll trade your broken rib for my broken kite from last Wednesday...

Hope you heal soon good buddy and yeah, I think Linda is right...impact vest is the way to go for you young whippersnappers doing all those crazy tricks!!! LOL!!!

kiteUSF 02-18-2008 04:43 PM

trust me, you would much rather have a broken kite, lol.

Todd RT 02-18-2008 04:53 PM

I broke my rib riding behind a wake boat on my Jimmy Lewis 139. I was wearing an impact vest. Hurt pretty bad. Hurt MUCH worse the 2nd time I fell on it at 25+mpg!

I feel for ya' brotha. You're gonna feel it for a while! Not much you can do except forget about it! :cool:

Wolfie 02-18-2008 05:53 PM

I fractured my rib about 4-5 months ago. I still have and will always have a pronounced bump on the rib. I stayed off it 2 months and bought a seat harness to keep it from being hurt again. Stay off it as long as you can! Wait until you do not feel any pain even when you do sit ups. If you don't it will just keep happening!

Chad085 02-18-2008 06:00 PM

it hurts way worse the 2nd time around. I fractured my rib and then kited like a week later and went ahead and broke it, so my advice would be to listen to at least half of what the doc says!!! i think about 3 or 4 weeks would have pretty well healed me, doc said 6 weeks, but it ended up being like almost 2months before it was over with since i re-injured it, and another month till the swelling went down. I actually still have a lump there. But if you chill out and let it heal you should be at least lawn mowin' in a few weeks. bummer dude, sorry to hear it:(

Tom Stock 02-18-2008 09:02 PM

Ouch.. broke some ribs once myself (racing bmx) and it hurts like hell. I had to finish my races and thought I was gonna end up with a punctured lung because breathing hurt pretty bad.

Hurt my ribs (but not broken) and back in a waist harness... switched to a seat harness (but the shorts, not a diaper) and no more rib or back problems.

Hope ya heal quick.

Todd RT 02-19-2008 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfie (Post 29319)
I fractured my rib about 4-5 months ago. I still have and will always have a pronounced bump on the rib. I stayed off it 2 months and bought a seat harness to keep it from being hurt again. Stay off it as long as you can! Wait until you do not feel any pain even when you do sit ups. If you don't it will just keep happening!

Wheew... good to know I'm not the only one with a bump on my rib after breakin' it! I thought it was a loose piece or somethin'! ;)

Skyway Scott 02-19-2008 06:58 AM

Hopefully your rib will heal up real soon, Chase.
I think you most likely will have to take some time off, though :cry: