FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Today (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=5404)

rigger 12-30-2007 05:14 PM

Today

Didn’t see too many at the beaches today. I saw about 4 kites all day. It was killer, good side on shore. We havent had a good S, SW wind in sometime. It was nice to switch things up. The waves blew tho. Still, it was beautiful out there.. 15 - 20 all day. Rode from 10am to 4:30, and im beat. Im sure EB wasnt slammed ;)

bryanleighty 12-30-2007 05:47 PM

i counted over 35 kites in the air at EB ..

was a great surprise of a day.

Sean B 12-30-2007 05:56 PM

35 kites at east beach? Wow. I counted 4 kites all day including mine. One was a lesson going on at caladesi and the other two only stayed out for an hour or so. In a nutshell....I had north county to myself.....ALL DAY BABY! :D

CrazyJay 12-30-2007 05:59 PM

The most impressive thing I saw today was Tom Stock powered up and doing kiteloops on a 9 meter Waroo in 15 knots. Thats amazing since Tom is about the same weight as me and I was on a 13.
Maybe I will have to consider riding the Roo's.

Big G 12-30-2007 06:01 PM

Tom was mixing it up today, that fo show. I saw him riding blind a couple times. Nicely done.

JoshTaylor 12-30-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyJay (Post 26956)
The most impressive thing I saw today was Tom Stock powered up and doing kiteloops on a 9 meter Waroo in 15 knots. Thats amazing since Tom is about the same weight as me and I was on a 13.
Maybe I will have to consider riding the Roo's.

you forgot his attempts to a backmobe! mad props to tom!! he was coming pretty close, they looked ligit.

Tom Stock 12-30-2007 07:11 PM

Yeah thanks for the help with those mobes Josh & Alex. I appreciate it. Never got it but I am getting closer (and feeling every attempt right now actually).

Mad props to the bird who cut my 12m waroo bridle and survived!

Jay you can try the 9 waroo any time.. I think you might like it but if you find you don't you can just say so, it's all good. It's just a kite after all and I'd like to hear what ya think. Scott really likes his and I'd like to hear what some of the other experienced riders have to say too.

When I dove it through the power zone it would yank me 2ft out of the water in only 17knts. That kite builds apparent wind like crazy!

Tom Stock 12-30-2007 07:27 PM

BTW did u guys see Billy hook in, run up the side of his motor home like spider man, prance around on top like a reindeer and then glide off?

WTF was that?! He's nuts!

Wish I'd caught that on video.

bayflite 12-30-2007 07:42 PM

wild bill @ it again.
cool thing iz...
i saw him helping people more than riding.
truly a world class individual.

Galego 12-30-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanleighty (Post 26952)
i counted over 35 kites in the air at EB ..

was a great surprise of a day.

thanks for the list of riding spots in the area. i bookmarked it. I went out with my instructor today at the Gandy bridge (more like beer can alley) on the south side just west of the two big radio towers but i didn't see that location on your list. is it not a good spot to ride? where is a good spot for a beginner to start at?