FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Session Report! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   HOWZAWIND??? (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=991)

linhster 05-08-2008 08:42 PM

Fort Pierce was rocking... We had a nice turn out. Check the chart but I think it was in the mid 20s and gust in the 30s. Finally got to use my 7m. :lol:

ricki 05-08-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linhster (Post 32676)
Fort Pierce was rocking... We had a nice turn out. Check the chart but I think it was in the mid 20s and gust in the 30s. Finally got to use my 7m. :lol:

Did you have good swells to go with? If so must have been an epic session. Had a good one down here although the wind was gusting to about 20 mph and hanging in the mid to low teens. Wonder how Miami did? Perhaps all the SE got some good wind today.

ricki 05-08-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linhster (Post 32676)

Did you have good swells to go with? If so must have been an epic session. Ft. Pierce is incredible in strong winds with good waves. Had a good one down here although the wind was gusting to about 20 mph and hanging in the mid to low teens. Wonder how Miami did? Perhaps all the SE got some good wind today.

linhster 05-08-2008 11:02 PM

The waves were not quite as epic. Although right before we all left, there was a thunderstorm that was just arriving and it did bring some nicer waves.

HIGHFLYN 05-09-2008 12:48 PM

REPEAT of yesterday here in Boynton Beach (maybe even a bit better then)

Wind just turned side-on shore 15-18kts SSE

ricki 05-09-2008 12:51 PM

Too funny, you just beat me to it. I thought it was supposed to be offshore today. That is still coming later on this afternoon per the PBC forecast. It looks great for now. Watch out for the afternoon side offshore shift. Guys have sent boards drifting up to OBX by getting caught out. I'll have to miss out on this one so get some extra shredding in for me.

HIGHFLYN 05-09-2008 02:04 PM

9-26-06 (page #2)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickI (Post 10256)
you beat me to it! WAY TO GO! See you at the beach.

5-09-08
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickI (Post 32709)
Too funny, you just beat me to it.

Just like old times ~

I thought..... well it was offshore eairly this am. So I left my gear at home.... Oooops you think I'd have learned by now (anytime theres South in it, BRING YOUR GEAR with you)

ricki 05-11-2008 08:25 PM

Yes indeed, just like old times. Hope someone grabbed the wind on Friday and Saturday. I had to sit this one out unfortunately. Hope some useable wind comes through this week. May is hanging in there.

HIGHFLYN 05-16-2008 12:44 PM

Wind just came on SSE 15+ kts @ LW

ricki 05-16-2008 01:19 PM

Sounds good. Just stopped by the beach in Boca Raton about an hour ago. The wind was sideshore out of the south, 13 mph gusting to around 16 mph. Looking at the clear sky, I think it might grow stronger with thermals as the afternoon goes on. Of course there is a front inbound and the wind should shift side offshore from the SW sometime today/tonight per NWS. Grab it while you can and watch out for the offshore shift.