FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Thursday AM? PM? (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=4575)

RKITEKT 09-13-2007 08:42 AM

Lp

Scott,
I took lessons at Lassing Park almost 2 years ago now. I forget how to get there from Sarasota (coming from south on I-75). All I remember it taking 22nd ave. I don't rememeber from what or to what? HAHA

Can you send me a private message with the directions so I can meet up with you guys next time conditions are good over there?

Thanks,
Christopher

bryanleighty 09-13-2007 09:21 AM

i sent him PM.

and just so everyone knows.. lassing park is not a secret, easily found via google maps or the like.

its a cool place to ride as an alternative to skyway .. it does not have the same hazards that skyway does.. but it has a big share of others. there are crab-trap bouys all over the place.. there are big, bone smashing trees and there are power lines, sea walls, shallow water, rocks, sandbars, cars and houses.

Not to mention that its a park.. and one that is used by swimmers, fishermen, families and folks walking their dogs..

Like anywhere new you want to ride you absolutely must learn about it ...get to know its hazards. those of us that ride there will help ya out!

Skyway Scott 09-13-2007 09:24 AM

I sent pm too. I sent him directions to a concrete parking lot :p :eek: (right Chris?)

RKITEKT 09-14-2007 07:57 AM

Yes Scott,
I blindly followed your directions and when I arrived, I looked up and there was this big GOLF BALL IN A PARKING LOT and it had these letters on it... E P C O T.

I had no idea where the water and kites were, saw a Pizza Hut sign across the street, and changed my agenda.

HAHA

Nah... funny guy... I know exactly where to go, just needed to refresh the map in my memory.

Thanks again bro!

~Chris to pher

RKITEKT 09-14-2007 07:59 AM

Yikes!!!

Yikes Bryan,
and just think, that is where my instructor took me to take lessons. WOO HOO! Thinking back on it now, all I remember ever seeing was that kite in the air, when I was taking lessons. Everything else just faded away.

I look forward to riding there with experience now.

Thanks for the tips and warnings yo!

~Chris to pher

Woodson 09-14-2007 01:23 PM

Current Lassing New Rider Notification

To identify new riders to LP, we require that first session you're to leave your emergency flashers going while riding just so we know you're a newbie and can go throguh your gear when your out in the water. Oh, and a couple Wendy's Spicy chicken sandwiches for the group... just around the corner...

Thanks for following the LP guidelines!

C. Moore 09-14-2007 01:46 PM

Woody, You forgot to add leave beer at the bench as an honor to the wind gods.

bayflite 09-14-2007 07:15 PM

when did u guyz start all this stuff?
man...i'm outta the loop:(
but i get it dude.
very cool.

Woodson 09-15-2007 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C. Moore (Post 23101)
Woody, You forgot to add leave beer at the bench as an honor to the wind gods.

What up homie! It's 75 and wind blowing here in ATL... what a waste of good wind...

Be back Monday~ Later.,