FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   ** KITER BUZZ ** (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Have you ordered a Hellfish Rick? (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=511)

FishOutOfWater 05-06-2005 05:21 PM

Have you ordered a Hellfish Rick?

I have read RickI's review of the Hellfish and it seems really promising. I guess the last question I have before ordering one or two of those kites is did Rick I order one after his test flight?

Rick's comments on other topics have been pretty well considered. So Rick, did you plonk down the money on the spot? If so, what weight are you and what size kite(s) did you purchase after you flew the kite?

Cheers and keep up the good work...

FishOutOfWater 05-06-2005 05:21 PM

Have you ordered a Hellfish Rick?

I have read RickI's review of the Hellfish and it seems really promising. I guess the last question I have before ordering one or two of those kites is did Rick I order one after his test flight?

Rick's comments on other topics have been pretty well considered. So Rick, did you plonk down the money on the spot? If so, what weight are you and what size kite(s) did you purchase after you flew the kite?

ricki 05-07-2005 05:14 PM

Re: Have you ordered a Hellfish Rick?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater

I read about the new kite like everyone else on Thursday. I called Shannon Best up and asked about buying a Hellfish to write a review about it. He said he had something better and to book down the the beach pronto as Jeff Biege was taking a prototype for a whirl. I learned later on the the first production release is schedule for mid June and that the first lot has been sold out.

I plan to get a Hellfish or two. After all, after almost seven years I have owned about 38 kites! Many of that number were bought in seeking better performance in our chronic lightwind. I didn't realize at the time, this was a few years back, that the lightwind machines hadn't been designed yet. Different story today fortunately. So, yes if it is new and promises better performance there is a good chance I will pick some up. That has been the pattern for sometime.

What sizes to get? You've got me. I think we will all have a better idea as time wears on and more folks try out the production models and pass on their impressions. Keep tuned to reports on the Net and at the launches on this and other developments that the kiteboarding industry comes up with. Innovation can be a very good thing.

ricki 05-07-2005 05:14 PM

Re: Have you ordered a Hellfish Rick?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishOutOfWater

I read about the new kite like everyone else on Thursday. I called Shannon Best up and asked about buying a Hellfish to write a review about it. He said he had something better and to book down the the beach pronto as Jeff Biege was taking a prototype for a whirl. I learned later on the the first production release is schedule for mid June and that the first lot has been sold out.

I plan to get a Hellfish or two. After all, after almost seven years I have owned about 38 kites! Many of that number were bought in seeking better performance in our chronic lightwind. I didn't realize at the time, this was a few years back, that the lightwind machines hadn't been designed yet. Different story today fortunately. So, yes if it is new and promises better performance there is a good chance I will pick some up. That has been the pattern for sometime.

What sizes to get? You've got me. I think we will all have a better idea as time wears on and more folks try out the production models and pass on their impressions. Keep tuned to reports on the Net and at the launches on this and other developments that the kiteboarding industry comes up with. Innovation can be a very good thing.

FishOutOfWater 05-07-2005 10:45 PM

Thanks Rick. I guess I'll hold off too given that the first batch has been sold out. Very savvy of Alex to release these just in time for the northern hemisphere summer and make sure that those who don't order will be deprived until next season. I'm not suggesting that was his plan, but it very nearly had me ordering Thursday morning.

Given the big departure from previous designs that these kites represent I imagine it will take a production run or two to get the bugs ironed out. I'm dead keen to check out the light-wind potential of these kites - and extra couple of knots of bottom end could make all the difference out here.

FishOutOfWater 05-07-2005 10:45 PM

Thanks Rick. I guess I'll hold off too given that the first batch has been sold out. Very savvy of Alex to release these just in time for the northern hemisphere summer and make sure that those who don't order will be deprived until next season. I'm not suggesting that was his plan, but it very nearly had me ordering Thursday morning.

Given the big departure from previous designs that these kites represent I imagine it will take a production run or two to get the bugs ironed out. I'm dead keen to check out the light-wind potential of these kites - and extra couple of knots of bottom end could make all the difference out here.

kitesurfing-universe 05-08-2005 03:19 AM

What is the coolest design for a Kitesurfing T Shirt ?

Any suggestions or ideas ???

Cheers Mario

www.Cumbuco.com

kitesurfing-universe 05-08-2005 03:19 AM

What is the coolest design for a Kitesurfing T Shirt ?

Any suggestions or ideas ???

Cheers Mario

www.Cumbuco.com