FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   monday...CLub Med ANyone (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=3217)

dillette53 02-03-2007 06:58 PM

monday...CLub Med ANyone

last time i went i told the security to F off and call the police for me.....dotn really feel like taking that chance again so steve if you could hook us up that would be great......
anyway anyone wanna try hit up club med with me....when i was out there by MYSELF last time it was EPIC and felt sad that there was no one to share that with me. so how bout iot who wants to go to club med MONDAY....????

Matteo 02-04-2007 06:16 AM

I'm trying to get Monday off too. Roger is here and he is leaving Monday at 5pm. If we can be sure to get in there would be awesome, if not Go-slow can be the substitution...

balloonboy 02-04-2007 12:08 PM

i'll call Steve.I'm down at 930am.

dillette53 02-04-2007 02:58 PM

alright sounds good....BB let us know what steve says so we all know whats up.

mocean 02-04-2007 03:10 PM

i'm in

I don't know if we will get back into club med after robyd cowboy approach on the security guards?
if you guys are going to try come to my place in the morning and we will all go in my van.
new cell 434 7372
office 393 3261
aj

Matteo 02-05-2007 06:06 AM

I finally got the day off...or I would have had Shuman to kidnap me from work !!!

Roger has to be at the airport for 3.30 pm and not 5pm that means that we have to be home by 2.30, 3pm the latest.

We are going to go-slow, we should be there by 8.30pm and update you all with a text msg.

hope to see you all in the water...anybody needs a 7m ???http://www.fksa.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

PHENN 02-12-2007 02:13 PM

It's no issue to get you into Club Med guys. Just make sure you give me a heads up the day before and then again day-of when you know a more precise arrival time. That'll gimme enough time to leg it from the water park to the security gate. OH... one more thing...if it's windy, which if you're riding it will be... don't tell me how excited you are either before or after your ride! :(

End of March there'll be guests in the new hotel so that will likely be the end of a nice empty beach! So yeah... beware the Ides of March!

mocean 02-14-2007 03:25 PM

well we better make the most of any good NE winds

so do you think that they are going to complety close that beach off ,once the new hotel opens up?
because it sux now that what we have to go through just to get there.
but I do appreciate(PHEN) you helping us out when you can to get us in there for a ride.
man that place is so rad to ride in NE wind, I remember when we used to drive right up on the beach and unload there.
anyways mabe atlantis will fail and no one will go there and we will have that rad beach back.
aj

balloonboy 02-14-2007 04:57 PM

I remember shooting up there against all the traffic and driving right up to the beach (or jumping through the hole in the wall) and kiting until sunset and thinking; this is awesome.

I also remember piling in my boat and doing the same thing; mainly with Roger who could get off at a sensible hour (noon Matteo, not 3 or 4pm). Kiting the pm away.
And one Sun. am in 8-10 ft seas with Roger freaking and me trying not to show it, to be greeted by the family of a drowned surfer who hadn't been seen since the day before, asking us if we were BASRA.

Uh, no we're not- we're here to kite. A girl said that perhaps we shouldn't out of respect. I told her life goes on and so does surfing- or in this case kiting- and so we did. It was a wicked session but I thought of that poor kid the whole time. They found his body later that day.

I also remember my worst kitemare there one day.

So many memories.

We have to have "a wake" on a good day up there this Spring- it could be our last.

PHENN 02-15-2007 08:02 AM

Well, the most hoighty of the toightiest of guests will be gambling and drinking and lounging where we like to launch. It's there that they're building the high end Formal Pool and cabanas. I'm not sure where the security perimeter will be but you won't see a car within miles of that area. I'm sure you'll be able to get onto the beach... but once the condo and hotel are both done that beach will be as packed solid as Cabbage Beach around the way.

I agree with you on the loss though. I wasn't around for it's better days but the for learning to kite and the last couple of NE-wind days, it's been amazing. Superbowl Sunday I was out kiting for two hours and slid into shore as the sun dropped over the horizon. The most picturesque and ideal of launch spots has been ruined.