FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   Let's Ride! (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Sunday (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=4139)

Stevil Kenevil 06-09-2007 08:28 PM

Sunday

Freakytiki.
early.
wakeboard.
grill.
winddance.
chill...

Kev 06-09-2007 10:21 PM

If only the wind dance would work.

Stevil Kenevil 06-11-2007 09:14 AM

The wind dance didn't do much for the wind gods, but the chicken kabobs were enough offering to produce rideable wind from 1:00-4:30.(10-15 knots).I was told Saturday was also rideable for a few hours, so if you're at the beach and rigged, you might just get a little water time... Its also a good chance to practice with the kite, body drag, self rescue, or fly a trainer. Anyone have a land board for sale?

toby wilson 06-11-2007 11:42 AM

Steve, sorry I didn't make it. Ended up with a Migraine on Sunday and spent most of the day in bed trying to hide my eyes from sunlight. Good times, let me tell ya...

Erick 06-11-2007 12:01 PM

Sunday

I waited for the wind in front of the Sirata Hotel and was able to ride for maybe an hour flying a 14 Contra and a Dimitri Pro 135. By the way if somebody ever find a white Pittsburgh Steelers cap at the Gulf please return it to me. =(
Like Steve mention also took some time to fly my trainer kite and practice some one hand flying.

toby wilson 06-11-2007 12:16 PM

If anyone finds a Pittsburgh Steelers cap in the Gulf, please douse it with gasoline and burn it while waving a New England Patriots flag. Then douse the ashes with gasoline and burn THEM!!! ;)

Kitespear813 06-14-2007 09:35 AM

I have a landBoard... Not forsale, But I am Interested in some Good riding spots if you know any, I have talked to the people at the model airplane flying field off of ulmerton, They let me fly there when the wind is too much for their planes.

inferno 06-14-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitespear813 (Post 20378)
I have a landBoard... Not forsale, But I am Interested in some Good riding spots if you know any, I have talked to the people at the model airplane flying field off of ulmerton, They let me fly there when the wind is too much for their planes.

i tried that and got kicked out :(

bryanleighty 06-14-2007 10:47 AM

treasure island is one place where i would landboard.. tons of room..

id think the entire st. pete area would be questionable .. cant think of one large open space area .. tampa out beyond the town it opens up but that probably all private land.

Kitespear813 06-14-2007 01:19 PM

I have a good spot ( about 65acres) farm land near my house in Seffner, Good place to ride The farmer is a nice guy and doesn't mind as long as I don't leave any trash, The only thing is If its blowing 25knt on the coast its only about 15 and gusty Inland. I can't complain, though, Its close to home and my 9m will get me riding in in 15knts.4 a quick fix. Not many landboarders around this area though.