FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   ** KITER BUZZ ** (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   GREAT Rides or What??? (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=6064)

ricki 03-19-2008 10:35 AM

GREAT Rides or What???

The state has been getting basted in strong winds. Are folks grabbing some quality wind time on the water?

Yesterday was very nice off here with more on tap today. How about where you are?

ricki 03-19-2008 11:19 AM

Repeating, how about that wind???

noel 03-19-2008 11:36 AM

The last few days have been pretty good with most riders on 7-9m kites. Small knee to thigh high waves on the outside of the WH flats made for a great session. A 30 ft. sailboat was blown on to the flats so there was abit more to see than usual.

It's amazing how many people have a wind clauses at there job. Or maybe just alot of sick people at the beach.

tonykite 03-19-2008 01:25 PM

Awesome 11M session Saturday, Monday and Wednesday in North Miami Beach.
Rough sea but definitely worth a sick day ;)

Tony

ricki 03-19-2008 01:33 PM

Rough?! That's the best part as long as it isn't just chop. It was not that big up here yesterday perhaps 3 to 5 ft.. Should be larger this afternoon. Bring on the swells and wind. My sympathies go out to kiters with only flat water to play on. Do they have seagoing roosters in life jackets to crow to wake folks up in the calm stuff?

Todd RT 03-19-2008 02:27 PM

I've riden 3 of the last 4 days! :p

Of course, now my back is freakin' wrecked... so I gotta rest for a day. :(

April is usually MUCH WINDIER than May! I hope so!

Jur 03-19-2008 03:29 PM

Stuck in Calgary during the wind days!!!! Getting extremely annoyed by my bi-hourly emails on my blackberry with Miami wind reports!

Ready to throw that thing out the door!!!

WindRyder 03-19-2008 03:42 PM

started getting blown off my 8M yesterday up in the panhandle. nice surf, big wind. boyfriend ended taking the 8M and rode quite juiced on it. glad you others got some too!!

ricki 03-19-2008 08:18 PM

You might run off to Lake Louise or something from Calgary? Never been there but the Shinning made it look incredible. Great alpine terrain.

Yow, 8 m, you folks have stronger stuff in the Panhandle! At the office today the wind station was saying 26 to 32 kts. and I thought I might get to use my 7 m for the third time. Got to the beach and measure less than half of that so went with the 13 m.

Still, it was a great wave session, with the swells forming several hundred feet offshore, nice for ramping off of. It was so nice and the near full moon more than bright enough just came in a short time ago. March last year had times like this.

Who got a good session in today?

b-rad 03-19-2008 08:57 PM

yeah....seems this time of year everyone is having great kite days...the last 3days have been very nice...8m, warm....I love spring...and I love you...