FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   ** KITER BUZZ ** (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   NEW WEBSITE IDEAS??? (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=810)

ricki 10-21-2005 06:11 PM

NEW WEBSITE IDEAS???

The wind is back, sometimes too much with hurricanes but at least the cold fronts have started to move through again. Lots of us are getting more time on the water. Life is good!

A NEW WEBSITE is being pulled together!

Question:

What would you like to see more of on the FKA site?

What would help you to participate more on the site?

Thanks and good winds!

Polaris 10-21-2005 09:32 PM

Hey Rick,
Love the site. FKSA has been a wonderful source of information since I got hooked on the sport last year. You have also been a lot of help as have been everybody I’ve been in contact with through this site. (Hey RodansWings wassup?)
Since after Katrina I’ve started my official lessons and I am as stoked as ever. I’m going through hard knocks but I get itchy when the wind is blowing and I’m not out there. I love it. :D

I always am mentioning this site to people who ask me about kiteboarding. I do have one question though. I there a way to get rid of or filter out all the stuff from 04 and earlier but set them as an archive, at least the important stuff like “Lessons from the Hard Side” or the tech stuff? Just a thought.

ricki 10-22-2005 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaris
Hey Rick,
Love the site. FKSA has been a wonderful source of information since I got hooked on the sport last year. You have also been a lot of help as have been everybody I’ve been in contact with through this site. (Hey RodansWings wassup?)
Since after Katrina I’ve started my official lessons and I am as stoked as ever. I’m going through hard knocks but I get itchy when the wind is blowing and I’m not out there. I love it. :D

I always am mentioning this site to people who ask me about kiteboarding. I do have one question though. I there a way to get rid of or filter out all the stuff from 04 and earlier but set them as an archive, at least the important stuff like “Lessons from the Hard Side” or the tech stuff? Just a thought.

Thanks for your input and support! A major restructuring was just launched today. Fingers crossed that it comes together soon. It should totally alter the appearence of the site, make it easier to browse through, have archived content and offer even more options to users.

Stay tuned!

Bill_OBrien 11-11-2005 04:56 PM

I just found the website and love it! I am just learning about kitesurfing and am getting prepared to try it in the spring. Thank you for having such an informational and well run site!

As a first time user of your site the number of forums are quite daunting! I noticed in another post you were considering eliminating some of them. It seems like a good idea to me to consolidate the participation somewhat.

Bill O'Brien

ricki 11-14-2005 03:25 PM

Hello Bill,

Thanks for your input. Redesign of the website is underway between getting pulled out of town. Still, there are lots of ideas on the table among which is an easier to navigate layout as you are suggesting.

Thanks!

venezuela 11-25-2005 07:10 AM

hola rick, good job! lived in miami for a long time a long time ago, originally from caracas now kite tour guide based on coche island, thanks for letting me post in the international section here, I'd like to offer several very good spots here as holiday destinations for florida kiters using all inclusive packages starting in caracas, at very reasonable prices. also invite you and your friends to come kite here soon and check it out! best regards http://kitesurf.wtfe.com Alex