FKA Kiteboarding Forums

FKA Kiteboarding Forums (http://www.fksa.org/index.php)
-   What's going on? (http://www.fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   new to sport (http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t=6609)

BigR 06-09-2008 03:55 PM

Awesome! :cool:

DJ HiPPiE 06-09-2008 05:20 PM

Good to hear ya got your kite....Sadly no wind today....Just rain.

It sucks wanting to get into this right after moving into a new house....But i'm finally settled in so the next step is the trainer and course at Watersport west....Plus since it's not just me getting into this(My girlfriend and best friend as well) we're gonna split the cost on the trainer so we should probably be picking that up in the next week or two.

TampaNick 06-10-2008 09:48 PM

I got to fly the kite today. The wind was low and swirly probably due to the buildings around the park but still was a lotta fun lookn forward to the beach tomorrow.

sphen 06-18-2008 11:14 AM

New to kiteboarding

Great post. I too am looking to get into kiteboarding and almost made a bad decision of buying gear without knowing what I was looking for. Luckily i first turned to some kite boarding forums and they helped refer me to some instructors in the area who then told me to get a 3 meter trainer kite. Skyway Scott saw my posts and referred me to this forum which I will be using instead since its mainly for us local Tampa/St. Pete people which is nice. Anyways I just wanted to say thanks for the information and I look forward to getting into the sport and meeting some new people.

DJ HiPPiE 06-18-2008 03:29 PM

Yeah this place is turning out to be a great place to get honest and proper information.

I was out at Sunset Beach today and those that I asked questions to were quite easy to talk to....I really like the fact that the riders in this area are willing to help people that are getting into this....It can be intimidating to ask question but everyone that I have talked to here and at the beach have been great.

sphen 06-19-2008 08:41 AM

Thats good to know. I'm hoping picking up a trainer kite soon and will be using that over the summer until the lessons open up again in the fall. Also I plan on going to OWC at least once this summer. If anyone else once to go let me know, maybe we could set something up.

DJ HiPPiE 06-19-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sphen (Post 34086)
Thats good to know. I'm hoping picking up a trainer kite soon and will be using that over the summer until the lessons open up again in the fall. Also I plan on going to OWC at least once this summer. If anyone else once to go let me know, maybe we could set something up.

There is a cable park opening up soon in Seffner

sphen 06-22-2008 01:41 PM

Trainer Kite

Seffner really? Thats a lot closer, hopefully it opens soon. But hey I was browsing for trainer kites on ebay and ran across this one. Whats your guys opinion on it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quad-Kitesurfing...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks.

conchxpress 06-22-2008 03:26 PM

ebay trainer kite

The kite looks good and a good price also. However, it appears that it only has control handles, and doesn't have a bar. You need the bar to get practice getting the same steering motion you would with a bigger kite. Plus I've seen Paul's video and he uses the bar for the trainer. Check with the seller. There may be a bar included. A lot of them have both bar and handles. Definitely need the bar.

In fact, if you send me a pm, I'll let you have mine, it's an Airrush, for free. When you are up and riding, and read about someone needing to get a trainer, pay it forward.

Frank

conchxpress 06-22-2008 04:55 PM

e-bay trainer kite

My Airush is only a 2 meter. If that makes any difference.

Frank