PDA

View Full Version : Lets Ride

C. Moore
02-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Since flkitesurf.com site is down we need another lets ride section for a while.

ricki
02-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Since flkitesurf.com site is down we need another lets ride section for a while.

Welcome aboard, sorry to hear the site is down. How have you folks been for wind on the west coast lately? It has been calm over here with a few unpredicted exceptions. Start the stronger cold fronts again!

C. Moore
02-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey Rick. We are suffering as well. But we lost our forum to a hard drive crash and I think we are going to point our members to here for a while. I hope you won't mind the traffic. :)

ricki
02-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey Rick. We are suffering as well. But we lost our forum to a hard drive crash and I think we are going to point our members to here for a while. I hope you won't mind the traffic. :)

I have had a few catastrophic hard drive crashes over the years. Never a good experience despite efforts to backup content.

Happy to helpout. Pending getting your site back online, I just started a sticky topic at the top of this forum for the Tampa Bay KiteMasters Race.

I won't be able to make it this weekend but hope it comes off anyway for all the riders.

C. Moore
02-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks Rick for your help and I will see if I can get some pictures to you from the race if it's a go.

-Chris

Skyway Scott
02-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Pray for wind, it's been awhile. :lol:
(Chris, you have 8 times the posts I have :?: )

ricki
02-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks Rick for your help and I will see if I can get some pictures to you from the race if it's a go.

-Chris

Please do and if you can collect other images or put them in touch with me. I have some good shots from the morning of the last attempted start. It would be great to prepare an article or two about the downwinder. Full credit will be given for all photos used of course.

http://www.egmontkey.org/ekaerialphoto.jpg

You folks really have a nice launch there in Desoto. Do you ever ride down to and around Egmont Key? The southeastern tip looks like it would go off in W to S to N winds. Having almost sunk an antique wooden sunfish in the middle of the channel there a coons age ago, a chase boat would make sense for this I think.

C. Moore
02-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Jayson and Brian have talked about doing a down winder from Indian Rocks Beach to Egmont Key. But thats a lot of open ocean for non seasoned riders to try to attempt. It would a nice place to ride as long as you have a way back to Ft Desoto. We will need to try it soon and I will be sure to post it when it happens.

slingshot05
02-20-2006, 07:11 PM
yeah that sounds like an awesome downwinder!!

i looove Egmont, blue waterrrrrrrrr it's soo nice

Eagle
04-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Looks like the seabreeze is starting to form.
Forecast is strong through 4 pm.

toby wilson
04-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Rub it in Eagle, I get off of work at 4:30... :D

C. Moore
04-03-2006, 01:11 PM
Rub it in Toby.. My wife just called and said she has to work late and I need to pick up the little one from day care. I can't wait until she is old enough to go ride with me.

toby wilson
04-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Don't they have those "baby backpacks"? Just strap her to your back and that way she'll get the chance to watch your board skills and how you control the kite so when she starts kiting she'll already have fought half the battle!!! :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Eagle
04-04-2006, 11:30 PM
You folks really have a nice launch there in Desoto. Do you ever ride down to and around Egmont Key? The southeastern tip looks like it would go off in W to S to N winds. Having almost sunk an antique wooden sunfish in the middle of the channel there a coons age ago, a chase boat would make sense for this I think.

Rick,

The southeastern tip of Egmont Key is a designated bird sanctuary and you are not allowed on the beach. There is a large, very large area of shoaling just south of Egmont towards Anna Maria Island which is a kiteboarding paradise. There is one sand bar known as Passage Key, it is well marked with regulatory signs designating the area off limits.
You have to watch out for the current here and be aware this area is known for large hammerhead sharks.

E