PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Ft Laurderdale/Miami

jcole
01-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Hi, John Cole here. I live in Corpus Christi, TX. I am checking for any contacts to help with best spots to ride. I am coming Friday 13th and staying until 21st for a work meeting in Hollywood. I am an expert rider looking best riding spots, prefer waves but will take what I can get cell # 361-765-7349 give me a call or respond by email johncolecc@yahoo.com

Thanks,
John Cole

ricki
01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Hi, John Cole here. I live in Corpus Christi, TX. I am checking for any contacts to help with best spots to ride. I am coming Friday 13th and staying until 21st for a work meeting in Hollywood. I am an expert rider looking best riding spots, prefer waves but will take what I can get cell # 361-765-7349 give me a call or respond by email johncolecc@yahoo.com

Thanks,
John Cole

You may be in luck by current forecasts. A strong cold front (20 to 25 kts. NW, offshore here), is predicted to come through over the weekend:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mfl/marine.php

You may need to do some driving for the NW winds but then again so will some of us that want to get some of the wind that live in SE Florida. Some guys may opt to hit the west coast say around Marco Island or points north (more at http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=1113 ) other guys may choose to drive north on the east coast say to Sebastian Inlet. You could hit a point further south say the causeway to Hutchinson Island but the water body is narrower so the winds will be gustier and you need to do assisted launches and landings away from the land/parking lot there.

On Sunday, the wind should change to sideshore on the east coast opening up quite a bit of riding area, e.g. Jupiter to Ft. Lauderdale. You might even do a trip to the Keys. It is hard to say what the week ahead of that will bring. Pray for another good front right behind this one.

The forecasts will vary a bit more in all likelihood between now and the weekend. Some areas will be forecast to be better than others. PM me if you have questions as things develop.