PDA

View Full Version : Spring SUP Series

Water Monkey
02-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Water Monkey Stand Up will be hosting Florida's premiere SUP
series this spring. Events will be held each month starting
February 28th and conclude in May with the championship.
Participants of all ages and skill levels are encouraged to come
out and try the world's fastest growing water sport! Events
will include both an individual and relay format. Whether you are
new to the sport or never even been on a board, it doesn't matter!

Sponsors inlcude Red Bull, GM, Kaenon, Waterman's Applied Science, Whiskey Joe's, Jimmy Lewis, Fanatic, Stand Up Paddle Magazine, and more!

Visit http://www.watermonkeyshop.com for more information.

IslandShop
02-20-2010, 08:52 AM
I hope it is a little warmer. I don't think I can paddle in a parka.

Water Monkey
02-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Should be in the in the mid 60's! There are a few fire pits on the beach as well if your feeling cold! Its not that bad....once you start to paddle you will be sweating!

I did a race in NC in January....28 degrees at start time! See you there!

Water Monkey
02-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Everything is coming together for the race on Sunday. Race start time has been moved to 12 to allow temps to warm up. There will be paddle races and demos and the band will be jamming on the beach all day. Contact

Chase at 727-481-3637. See you there!

jammbo
02-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey I saw on your website there will be board demos, I've never tried SUP but it looks like fun. I was just wondering if the demos will be all day or before/after the race? Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow!

Thanks

Water Monkey
02-27-2010, 03:31 PM
We will have board demos all day. The race starts at 12 and we will be at the beach until at least 4. See you there!

conchxpress
02-28-2010, 06:25 AM
Winds are forecast at 20-22 mph WNW for around noon. Is there enough protection from the wind on that side of the causeway? Maybe if the course is set for a downwinder!

IslandShop
02-28-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm going to miss the race. Working sucks. I'll make the next race for sure.

norris
03-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Just wanted to share this past SUP race organized by Watermonkey's own Chase! Perfect weather, crisp water, great band, great food, it was kick back and relax after the race. Well organized event and a very relaxed atmosphere. Chase, good job ! We are looking forward to the next race....minus the wet suit! Congrats! Paul and Alessandra Norris

Water Monkey
03-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Thanks Paul!! Thanks to everyone who came out. I will be posting results and pictures soon! Wind is up today!!