Gui
12-30-2009, 07:55 AM
Any news on the 2010 Kitemasters ?

Todd RT
12-30-2009, 09:44 AM
http://www.lxforums.com/board/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Jake
12-30-2009, 06:03 PM
How about a seniors class for those over 50 or 55? That way old farts like me can compete with the other old farts. Maybe give us a one hour head start..:D

Whitey
12-30-2009, 06:12 PM
It would be interesing to see how many of us over 50 would enter.

Jake
12-31-2009, 10:13 AM
I want to enter this year just for the experience. There is no way I could compete. Just completeing the race without any injuries would be great. I think I could handle it as long as the conditions were not extreme (30 knots or more, gusty). The biggest problem I have is getting off work with a 2 or 3 day notice.

Todd RT
12-31-2009, 12:38 PM
It's a lotta fun bro... even if your just 'in it to finish'! :cool:

Unimog Bob
12-31-2009, 04:00 PM
If I do it, I plan on coming in last (milking the DW for the longest amount of time possible) So, you guys will beat at least one person ;)

Sorry, but screaming downwind and blowing off an opportunity to soul sesh some waves (no matter how small) on a surf board with a DW has always confused me. :confused:
So, anyone interested in just taking their time, I will be doing that. :p

Steve-O
12-31-2009, 08:12 PM
So true Scott. Last year I was buzzing along and just south of John Pass some incredible clean waves started to show. It's like I rode into another zip code. I remember saying F$CK it, so I stopped for about 10 minutes and rode some beautiful waves. Could have stayed there all day but it was a race so I moved on.

I get what ur saying but trying to go faster than you have ever gone in challenging conditions is a rush in itself and I think what draws folks. To each his own and what makes this sport great. There are so many different ways to express yourself.

Chad085
01-01-2010, 11:03 AM
So true Scott. Last year I was buzzing along and just south of John Pass some incredible clean waves started to show. It's like I rode into another zip code.

well uhhhhh, you did......... LOL sorry couldn't resist!!! looking forward to this year's race after missing last year!!

Unimog Bob
01-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Yeah. I was doing a DW with about 5 other guys that day during the race.
The TI area and Sunset beach were epic.

All I am saying is if anyone wants to ride, but not race, I am sure myself and others will be doing that. You don't have to worry about "losing".:p

Gator Gris
01-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Last year was nuking at 30 MPH+ winds. I hope we do off shore again this year.

This year I will stay in the (after) break like all the winners did, but enjoy the waves at John's Pass. They were double head high!

Let's get it on again this year!

G

jetpack
01-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Is there a date set for this? Did I miss it?:(

Steve-O
01-08-2010, 04:08 PM
There should be some info soon. Hang in there.

CrazyJay
02-23-2010, 08:38 PM
The 2010 TampaBay KiteMasters has been postponed this year.
We will be doing a "fun run" through the bay next time we get a strong NE or ENE wind.
The ride will be from Gandy to Bay Vista Park with an afterparty at Jay's house.
This is strictly for cruising and enjoyment... no race, no prizes, no competition. Just good times with good people. Should be within the next 30-45 days (when it FINALLY warms up)
I'll keep y'all updated
PS.. If you have a boat and would like to help support the riders in case of trouble or gear failure please contact me
Jayson