PDA

View Full Version : Best Spot near Deerfield

Airush11291
12-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Im going to be in deerfield friday-tuesday and it looks like theres going to be wind fri and sat. wheres the best spots around there to ride?

Thanks

Luke

troubleshooter
12-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Wind? Yeah right. Think again.

flkiter
12-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I used to ride north of the pier. Not sure if it's still allowed up that way.

ricki
12-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Luke,

We need to stay away from all the guarded beaches in Deerfield. That includes an area from about a block north of the fishing pier all the way south to Embassy Suites. The rest of the beach south of Boca Raton Inlet (except the county park south of the inlet) down to Hillsboro Inlet has no guards. We need to be particularly careful of folks in these unguarded areas as they likely own homes very close by, i.e. cause no complaints. There are a lot of condo developments and private residences however and little public parking and beach access. It is tricky in other words. It would be a lot easier to just go to the designated launch close by to the south in Pompano or north to Delray Beach, south of the public beach there.

DCMike
12-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Might be coming down later this month and staying in Deerfield and have a few questions.

What wind directions work for riding north of the pier? I'm figuring you need at least a little east in the wind for either N or S right?

Thanks,

Mike