PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the snow behind

Lava
12-12-2005, 09:32 PM
With 12" of fresh snow on the beach here in Newburyport MA, we've decided to head south in January for a short stretch of sun and hopefully wind. Looking for some suggestions on where to ride in the Naples, Bonita Springs area. I've got a few lessons under my belt and a new kite that has only seen snow. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Shawn

ricki
12-13-2005, 09:35 AM
With 12" of fresh snow on the beach here in Newburyport MA, we've decided to head south in January for a short stretch of sun and hopefully wind. Looking for some suggestions on where to ride in the Naples, Bonita Springs area. I've got a few lessons under my belt and a new kite that has only seen snow. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Shawn

Hello Shawn,

Cold fronts should be pumping throughout January bringing periods of westerly winds that are good for the west coast. Easterly winds that also come with the fronts tend to favor the east coast.

I would avoid crowds at the beach where you can. Some of the Naples beaches can really jam up with bystanders/bathers. For more info on that area you should get in touch with Mark at the Boardroom, 239-649-4484 . For the Ft. Meyers area further north you could contact Roy Massey with Ace Performer at http://www.aceperformer.com/

Have a good trip!