PDA

View Full Version : shipping boards?

amber
11-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever sold a board to someone that is not local and if so, how do you find a box that will fit it? I'm selling my board to someone in Indiana but I have no clue where to get a box. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Amber

greg meintjes
11-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I have shipped a few boards, you can by boxes from the UPS store etc, but they do not have the correct sizes , so what I do is dismantle only the fins off the board, then I normally use 2 to 3 regular boxes (or you can buy the large boxes the UPS store uses to ship bikes) Iflatten the boxes around the board and use a lot off packing tape to seal them together and although the package does not look nice this seems to work okay at the post office.

Greg

Russky
11-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Amber, just stop by WSW and talk to them...
They can give you a box that can swallow even your entire car :)

Steve-O
11-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Amber,

Come on by and I will have the perfect box for the job. For your board that is:D

Steve-O

amber
11-03-2009, 03:50 AM
I'm actually selling it to a friend that lives in Indiana but they are coming to visit so instead of having to pay to fly the board each way, they will pick it up from me when they're here and then only have to pay for the return flight. Thanks guys!
Amber