PDA

View Full Version : New arrival

Barak
10-03-2009, 07:15 AM
Hi All, must moved to the area from Cape Town, South Africa. Based near Venice. Got some new gear for light wind, flat water and had a chance to test it out twice in the last two weeks. Once just before De Soto, I was the only one out so not sure what the spot is called, could see the skyway in the distance about 11 knots so in and out nothing fancy. Then last sunday got some time in at Casey Key, that was fun, about 12 - 14 and some small waves. Saw one other kiter in the distance down at Venice. Looking forward to what the season has to offer and meeting the locals. The only thing almost as good as a kite session is the beer afterwords!

ricki
10-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Welcome to Florida! Hope you enjoy the SW coast. The wind may not be as strong as back home at times but it may be a bit less gusty, at least out of westerly directions. Our wind season is about to start, we hope, usually does at any rate. Be sure to say hi to Latino the SW coast moderator on here. There are some guys that have reported in from Venice on here. You should have company on the beach.

bigpimp'n
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi, hope to see you out on the water. I'm not a local but I do go up there on occasion. Your going to get alot of use of that light wind gear, maybe you can order up some SA wind once in a while.