PDA

View Full Version : trip from spain

marem
09-03-2009, 05:21 AM
hi, I´m planning a trip from Spain to Florida this xmas with wife and 2 years old baby.Can anyone give me any tip about best spots, where to go, visit and be aware of with a family and kite in florida. I would like to spend more of the time in one spot. What you recommend?

marem
09-03-2009, 05:25 AM
...by the way, I read all the information from administrator and it´s incredible... but i´M asking more for a user info as:

- best beach as a main spot to spend 10 days with a family ... if you were I...

I´m from north of spain and if someone ask me this question about north of spain, I could tell him two really good beaches and a docen beaches to awoid with a family for a week... this is what I mean.

marem
09-04-2009, 04:02 AM
no one overthere!

robertovillate
09-04-2009, 02:41 PM
If you are an experienced rider and like waves I would check out the Jupiter area. But wind directions are limited to N, NE, E, SE, S.

If you want flat water St. Petersburg has lots of it and easy to access, plus some wave riding and great down-winders on the Gulf. Rideable spots in every wind direction. Lots of other things to do and see nearby, relatively inexpensive.

Another flat water mecca is the Keys, Rideable spots in every wind direction, however you need boat support much of the time. No waves. .

If you end up on East or West Coast you can do an easy day/multi-day trip if the other side is going off...about 3 hrs drive from coast to coast.

There are many other threads on this forum where people have given lots of advice and opinions...search around and you'll probably find everything you want.

Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions after you do some more research on your own.

Have a great visit to FL.

PS...don't forget your wetsuits...it can be cold in Dec/Jan...bring 5/4/3, 3/2, and shorty if you have them...small, medium, and large kites

marem
09-05-2009, 02:25 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO... this is what i´m looking for...I´m going to check all post and info on this forum... and if I have more questions i´ll contact you again.