PDA

View Full Version : Kiteboarding went Live on BayNEWS9

Steve-O
06-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Just got a call from Rachel, and the story went live on Bright House Networks Channel 340.

Find Big Boys Toys, then Kiteboarding.

KQNtlB_AnQY

Some notes on the shot.

Don't normally teach on the beach, but due to scheduling we had a 2 hour window of time on a specific day. Tried to do the shoot in Ft. Desoto, but absolutely no wind. Had a hunch it was blowin up north. It paid off.

Big thanks to Craig Whiteleather for bringing out the big guns, Flysurfer 19M Speed 2, and making 10 knots look amazing. You really made it happen out there Craig!!!!!

Tried to get more shots of the bay area scene around St. Pete, but that was the week we had the low pressure system on top of us where it rained for a week strait. Bummer!!!!!!

We were body draggin in the water a bit, and Rachel totally lost her top....I guess that will be in the unedited version. :)

Enjoy. Nice to get some good press on the sport.

CrazyJay
06-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Ask here to join us for the next tropical storm or hurricane ride.

Whitey
06-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Yes, it would be nice to have some wind to show them what our sport is all about with some wind. That was very tough trying to make something out of nothing.
The whole time I was riding in the back gound I was talking out loud to myself saying how lame this will look. My shot in the spot light and it's blowing 8 to 10 mph and I'm trying to jump.

Reminded me of my business trip to Germany, when a goup of us had to make a 250 mile trip on the autobahn, we drew cards to see who got to drive. I was so freekin excited when I won the privilage to drive on a highway with no speed limit. Next morning we wake up at the hotel eveyone gathers down stairs waiting for our car and here it comes up the driveway---a VW Van.

Big D
06-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Looked like a commercial for waterssports west ......

conchxpress
06-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Steve-O you did a great job. Are you going to auction off Rachel's nitrous shorts? LOL. She seemed very informed about the sport, not like some reporters you see on the news. Is she going to continue the lessons?

Steve-O
06-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Steve-O you did a great job. Are you going to auction off Rachel's nitrous shorts? LOL. She seemed very informed about the sport, not like some reporters you see on the news. Is she going to continue the lessons?

Thanks bro. Yes I was very impressed with how much Rachel listened and researched. She takes her sh*t seriously. My only frustration of the story, and I must have said this to her 1000 times, was how important it was to get lessons. She tried to cram so much in 5 minutes. I think she got it, just wish she had said it. I knew something or another was going to get left out. It was fun and glad to be able to put a positive spin on a sport surrounded in such negativity. She had a great time doing it, and I think the story captures that, and isn't that what its all about.......having a great time???

Steve-O
06-15-2009, 09:27 AM
For those of you that don't have Bright House, Tyler helped me get this on YouTube. Thanks Tyler.

Tony
06-15-2009, 01:20 PM
Nice job Steve - O and Craig! Craig - I need to ride that flysurfer!

Tony

hrpufnstuf
06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Looked like a commercial for waterssports west ......

So what! They are the only shop around unless you count adrenalina at the Mall

Alex
06-15-2009, 03:31 PM
"the artists had previously determined how the paint should flow
the elder found vice on the tip of his toe
and made it his selfish goal to set out and escalate his status quo
now the piece was split in two... a mutiny if you will

the tale does not end there
for only one option could be fair
the elder refused to care
as he sat upon his "almighty" chair,
while the victims sat in deep despair

again the story doesn't end for these two men
from here on out shall never blend
never again will the hand extend
for the elder lost a friend."

-Fredrick Abington

Whitey
06-15-2009, 06:55 PM
"the artists had previously determined how the paint should flow
the elder found vice on the tip of his toe
and made it his selfish goal to set out and escalate his status quo
now the piece was split in two... a mutiny if you will

the tale does not end there
for only one option could be fair
the elder refused to care
as he sat upon his "almighty" chair,
while the victims sat in deep despair

again the story doesn't end for these two men
from here on out shall never blend
never again will the hand extend
for the elder lost a friend."

-Fredrick Abington

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

Danimal8199
06-15-2009, 09:21 PM
That ish is funny! hahah

I expected the link for the kiteboarding video and that made it even funnier!

Seahorses Rock!

Unimog Bob
06-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Of course it was an ad, WSW is a business.

In terms of commercials (from a technical writer's pov) , that one was very well done. The info was presented concisely and correctly. Clips/images tied in perfectly with the narration which was accurate. Not sure about those Dakine shorts rockin' (if you like wedgies like Tom, I guess). :confused:
Otherwise, I can't see how you would improve upon it. Also, Steve-O was clear and didn't look like a beach stoner (nice job).

Alex, I hope that's not required reading for college students these days. It ends in rhyme but has zero reason or flow.
Not sure that would even have gotten a "B" from Dr. Littlefield.

Alex
06-16-2009, 07:56 PM
not my poem, fit the situation though...more about the content then the flow bob, at least i look like a beach stoner though.

doc hated me.

Unimog Bob
06-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Not as much as Mrs. Russell (AP E. teacher at time) hated me.
I know it's not your poem, it sucks too bad to be. :)

Now this video has awesome narration. (as well as awesome color coordination) :o

TH7FgzP08o4

hrpufnstuf
06-19-2009, 07:38 AM
not my poem, fit the situation though...more about the content then the flow bob, at least i look like a beach stoner though.

doc hated me.

Ok So what are you TRYING to say?

Danimal8199
06-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Just saw the video. You guys did a good job on it and I wouldn't expect anything less from Steve-O!

Whitey
06-19-2009, 06:09 PM
yes please help me out also, how did that poem fit the situation?

Alex
06-23-2009, 08:01 PM
it wasnt meant for you

Whitey
06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Cool, cause I'm the only elder in the clip and I have been checking all my toes for vice on the tips and I can't see anything. I did notice a bald spot in the video that kind of sucks. Had a great day on the 12m flysurfer today, Chad and I went from Sunset out to 3 rooker dead up wind and then rode the glass slick on the inside of it by our selves for sometime, and hauled ass back to Sunset 1 hour 10 min out 18 min back.

uchuche
06-27-2009, 07:35 PM
WSW Mentioned 6 times
Steve-O mentioned 6 times

It's common for businesses to call the media to set up a "story" (actually a commercial). Several of the companies I have worked for have done the same thing. I'd say you got your moneys worth on this one :) Not a bad commercial overall. Her breasts certainly helped win me over on the sport (again)! How about that unedited footage? Hook us up!

I got the poem btw Alex.