PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Thruster Bar Help

stokednoob
05-23-2009, 08:17 PM
I recently took lessons on a Cabrinha Switchblade kite with bar and lines.

I then purchased an eclipse thruster and launched it today. As I did I was trying to figure out how to shorten/lenghthen the center lines as my center lines were tight but the outside lines were not tight at all.
Basically I need help with the more/less straps and how they work.

Thanks alot.
Kevin

linhster
05-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Eclipse bar have labels on power and depowers. But normally the upper strap is = more power, the lower strap( red in color usually ) = depower.. An experience local rider should be able to help you with this. Please talk to an instructor.

stokednoob
05-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah. I figured that much. Just seemed like I would pull on them but nothing would move..

I'll have to meet up with my instructor again.

Thanks for the reply.

conchxpress
05-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Also, make sure that you stretch your lines before riding for the first time. Sometimes new line lengths are a little off. And do it again after riding for a few sessions. Your instructor should show you how to do this. Many bars come with instructions that also show you how.

linhster
05-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Depower only works when there are tension in the center lines. You will not notice any movement unless you add tension to the upper and the chicken loop. Your instructor will confirm this.