PDA

View Full Version : Seven Sports in Islamorada

PubUltraStar
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
It's been a few months since a group of 8 of us from Wisconsin ventured down to the Keys for a little kiteboarding. I thought it would be worthwhile to give a shot-out to Seven Sports, and give a little insight on how they hooked us up. The entire experience was awesome, paired with some steady breezes every day we were there. They hooked us up with a Pontoon boat to cruise out to the sandbar, and this base-camp was exceptional. A couple of the newer riders took lessons, and were up and riding before the end of our trip. Brad was very accomodating, and was there to ensure that we had a great time. I have nothing but good things to say about this kite shop. We were all so stoked with the service, we all put a modified "7" vinyl sticker on our boards in honor of the trip. Thanks again!

http://www.michaelmikkelson.com/Pictures/Kite/Wisconsin-7.jpg

PubUltraStar
10-20-2010, 07:11 PM
The gang is heading back to the Keys for another kiteboarding trip in a few weeks. We've chartered a catamaran, and we'll be somewhat mobile looking for wind.

jaco
10-21-2010, 07:39 AM
Where did you charter from?

noel
10-21-2010, 08:27 AM
The best boat rentals in Islamorada are at A1A boat rentals. (305)896-9561
If you are interested in a charter, give a call to Otherside Boardsports in Islamorada. We can set you up with what you need to some of the best riding spots in the keys.

Otherside Boardsports is the only shop in the keys supported by all the locals. We carry most of the top brands including Cabrinha, Slingshot, North, Flysurfer, Nobile, Spleene, SU-2, NPX, Ronix, Hyperlite, CWB, NPX, Dakine, Mystic, HQ, and many more.

If your coming to keys and looking to have the best time of your life, give us a shout or just stop by.

oTHErside Boardsports
83292 Overseas Hwy.
Islamorada, Fl. 33036
(305)853-9728

PubUltraStar
11-03-2010, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure of the charter company, but I do know that we pick up our boat at the Key Largo Harbor Marina. Forecast is looking good. If anyone has any tips to a successful cruise, we'd appreciate it.

We'll be sure to stop in at 7 sports, and the Otherside board shops, as it's inevitable that someone forgets something...

noel
11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
When you come out of the marina lagoon, head south. The first 2 islands are Rodrigues and Dove Keys. Dove Key is the smaller island and has a better sandbar. Another mile or so south is Tavenier Key. Huge sandbar with tons of flat water riding. Just to the south of that is Tavenier Creek channel. If you go through to the Gulf side and go south just a bit, you will see another sandbar everyone calls the otherside. If you don't see any kiters at Tavenier Key, most are riding there.

Words of warning: buoys that say no motor zone around the islands on the ocean side are to protect the flats. Once upon them, idle speed only until @ waist deep and then get out and push in. You will probably need to set the anchor by hand as it is a hard bottom in most areas. Stay in the green waters and not in the brown. Brown is bad (shallow) and green is good!(deep)

Have fun!

oTHErside Boardsports
83292 Overseas Hwy.
Islamorada, Fl. 33036
(305)853-9728
www.othersideboardsports.com

PaulPlasma
12-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Nov12th I was at the sandbar getting a lesson by Noel's crew and that catamaran was there too. I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of that day I might be in the background?

Paul.