PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Marathon area kiting for the next 10 days??

duano13
04-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Hello I will be kiting on the beaches in Marathon either Coco plum beach or Curry hammock state park.

Unless someone could recomend better places to ride.

Winds look good for thursday friday & Sat so far. Email me
dm4526926@hotmail.com

mikeO
04-12-2009, 02:20 PM
it looks like tomorrow afternoon and tuesday am should be good. my wife and i and the rest of the marathon crew that can get out of work will be at curry hammock. if you are on facebook-check out group marathon fl kiteboarders. we just started the site for locals and friends.

bpchilds
04-18-2009, 10:08 PM
i will be in the keys Sunday - Tuesday (4/19-4/21). My wife and I are camping at 2 sights: a. Big Pine State Park, b. Sugarloaf Key/ Key West KOA.

I am dying to go kiting. I am still a novice. i can tack back and forth so i would just be a lame-o out there but still just wanna ride.

Please call me 413.626.6081 if you wanna go out. Thank you for all your help.

Brendan

pascokite
03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi am going to be in Marathon Thursday night to Sunday morning, not sure if there is a beach to launch from and kite with the North wind or not. If not would love to share the cost of a boat with someone.
Steve
352-345-1495

ricki
03-10-2011, 02:55 PM
To my knowledge there are no beaches along the Florida Bay side of Marathon with exposure to northerly winds. Renting a boat or getting a hookup in the area for a sea taxi ride would be the best approach for that direction.

noel
03-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Steve,
Just south of Bahia Honda State Park is Spanish Harbor Key. Small dead end road on the gulf side. Not the best launch and I do recommend booties but a great spot to ride. North wind is a little easier of a launch than nw. The name of the spot is "the horseshoe"! There are other spots if you are of the adventurous type.

Disclaimer: not the best spot for beginners. Rocks, concrete, mangroves, oh and did I say rocks. If you think it's not safe enough, it's not. It should blow most of the day on Saturday.

occidental tourist
03-11-2011, 04:44 AM
if the wind is going to hold this morning, we're taking a boat with other side from near founders park islamorada.

we're calling it at a little before 7m , Mike at otherside says these NW forecasts don't always hold up into the day, so watching close. Get out early wherever

I'll ring you early AM. You would have to hustle north about 15 miles I think. What mile are you staying at?

Brian

401-439-7877