PDA

View Full Version : POLL - Attending Kitricity Kitebash - Ap. 17 - 19

ricki
04-03-2009, 09:09 PM
April 17 is coming up pretty fast. AJ was trying to get an idea of attendance, say if the wind is on. If so, will you be coming up?

Hey Everyone...I would like to ask a question to all that visit this forum...I am having a Event on the 17th -19th of April...I would like to get a poll of the people that might be able to come. So I can go ahead and give a "heads-up" to the local bars and hotels, per say...I know that it is all going to be based on the Wind, Mother Nature, but hey, any info would help...thanks for your time on this matter....A.J..

Chris.Quinn
04-04-2009, 10:09 PM
If it is going to be windy then the Adventure Sports Truck will be there to show their support. Also attending will be Mike Hirooka and Carlos Sandoval.

Anyone else in????

kitebdr1962
04-09-2009, 02:43 PM
I would like for everyone to know that we lost one of Our Local riders the other day..Trace Trusler passed away Wednesday afternoon after a battle with Cancer...We will be doing a Fund Raiser in His behalf on the 18th, and all the proceeds will be going to the Local Cancer Center in His Name...We all miss Him already, but We know that He is Kiteboarding in a better place...Trace and I did the Crossing together to the Bahama's, even tho We came in last place, it was one Hell of a trip...Thanks Trace for the Memory...I will personaly miss You Bro...

ricki
04-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I am really sorry for Trace passing on, he was an incredible rider. I think I heard he had been diagnosed even before the race to Bimini and hit it all the harder in the crossing. Didn't you guys have some unusual navigation scheme, running east and then planning on a taking a southerly course into Bimini? Your time of 7 hours 18 minutes may seem long but the endurance that took starting in no wind moving up to around 20 mph in 7 ft. seas is amazing. I would guess you had to do some tacks to make south down to the island after you turned in that direction. That was one intense run. You guys hung in there and drove hard the whole way. That is a great tribute to Trace all by itself.

http://www.fksa.org/albums/album396/000_Rocky_Point.jpg
I found this photo on a pdf copy of John's 2005 Bimini Crossing race site before it was taken down. Trace will be missed.

kitebdr1962
04-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Hey Everyone...It is looking really good for the winds this up coming weekend...Friday is already showing 15 plus, out of the ENE, then turning ESE on Saturday...We have moved the Down Wind Race in the Ocean on Friday, to a Noon time frame...The locals here are having a moment for Trace Trusler that evening around 6ish, so We moved the time up a little, instead of 2:00...Saturdays Event will be the Course Race, and all proceeds will go to the Cancer Fund, in Trace's name...We will be doing a Wednesday forecast update to keep everyone in the loop about the wind, so be sure to check your email...If you are not getting info about the event in your email, then send Me your's and I will add it, Thanks...Hope to see everyone here for this Kitebash Event, and to help raise money for the local Cancer Fund...

Gebi
04-15-2009, 12:25 AM
AJ,

Should most likely make it and i will see if a few of the local Vero/ Ft.Pierce crew will join us for this one.

Thanks for oyur efforts bro,

Gebi

kitebdr1962
04-15-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks Gebi...btw the way, I heard that Sean is coming up to kick everyone's butt again..I am just saying....lol...Bring everyone you can, and tell them what they missed last time...