PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Miami

dwnwndr?
03-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Gang - hello, I'm moving back to Miami from South America (who hasn't....) after a few year hiatus from the area. I'll be working downtown in Miami but would like to get a place as near to the most consistent kite beach in the area that is still open -- any suggestions? What else is still open beyond Crandon & Matheson -- guess Virginia Key is out, can't crash at Jimbos.......

Saludos

Aron

ricki
03-03-2009, 07:58 AM
There's a few spots guys ride along Miami Beach. Its all be technically banned for many years and yet no enforcement. Beyond that there's a spot way south down in Homestead, makes you close to the Keys anyway. If you get a boat all of Biscayne Bay opens up to you. Hobie is a poor spot, but you know that already. Otherwise there is Matheson and Crandon, for now.

dwnwndr?
03-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the reply Rick, look forward to meeting folks up in the area when I get to town also looking forward to roads without volkswagon sized pot-holes, weekend trips to the keys and long down wind runs.

Now I have to suffer through a solid week of 18-20kt winds thanks to this carib cold front.