PDA

View Full Version : Best/Your Recommended "how to" DVDs?

SnowKat
10-04-2005, 10:03 PM
My 3.6m trainer kite arrived yesterday, along with "how to fly video" by "Chris Moore" (from KittyHawk kites) DVD.

I'm at least 6 months from traveling to go do lessons (I live near large lakes, yet NO ONE around here kiteboards or even seems to know what it is). In the meantime, I wish to school myself and practice with the trainer until I can go lessons - so my question here would be if there are any OTHER DVD's that a person would recommend. The one I'm pleased with, I'm just wanting to make sure I explore and practice from all angles to prepare for those first lessons on the water. Being an avid snowboarder(100+ riding days per season), I may consider attempting using this trainer/traction kite this winter in soft snow conditions once comfortable.

If anyone can recommend other DVD(s) that may be useful, please let me know. Thank you.

Bill_OBrien
11-11-2005, 04:50 PM
What did you think of the training video? Is it worth getting? Does anyone else have thoughts about getting the training kite?

I actually live within walking distance of Lauderdale beach but need to save some fund for the kitesurfing lessons!

ricki
01-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Boost has a lot of good content as does GetNSchooled. Be sure to spend a fair amount of time reading through this site as there is a lot of info here that is just starting to creep into the mainstream instructional aids.

Sol-flyer
04-27-2006, 10:34 AM
i've heard the new progression dvd is one the better's.

if you're a good snowboarder and got kite flying skills,...i garuntee that your 3.6m kite will be sufficient.

i've gone uphill (7%incline) with a 2m slingshot and it didnt even hesitate...course on top of mountians the winds are always rippin.

NorthVegas14
10-13-2006, 06:32 AM
SnowKat, the best DVD that I have found for beginners is the "Zero-to-Hero" DVD from Real Kiteboarding in Waves, NC. They have a website, www.realkiteboarding.com that you can purchase it online from.

As a novice kiteboarder who bought all the instructional DVD's that I could find, some before my lessons, and some after, this one is the single best beginner instructional DVD out there. Matt Nuzzo should win an Academy Award for his calm, friendly and sometimes humerous demeanor throughout this training DVD.

The combination of chapters, repitition, slow-motion, and discussion about the mechanics of learning this awesome sport is second to none. The bonus features, especially the candid Q&A session with their instructors is fun, but informative also. Although I'm sure that this DVD will be good for someone who hasn't taken their lessons yet, it is most beneficial to the person who has taken lessons, but doesn't get many chances to get out and practice. For that person (me), this is a must-have refresher course.

Many thanks to Trip Foreman and Matt Nuzzo for forming Real Kiteboarding, and especially for making their DVD's available to people who haven't necessarily taken their actual instructional camps. Having driven down to Avon, NC for the past ten years for windsurfing, and recently kiteboarding, vacations, I have sworn that I'll try to make the time to go to their Evolution kiteboarding camp one of these days.