09-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Anybody around Englewood?

t_twotone
10-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Should be some tasty south winds this weekend :P

ricki
10-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Anybody around Englewood?

I am sorry but I haven't enountered any kiteboarders from that area. I suspect you have company there but am not sure where to direct you. You might get in touch with Laurel in Sarasota at http://www.islandstylewindsurfing.com/ . She may know of some guys in your area.

Good luck,

pdfox
10-07-2005, 03:54 PM
You might want to check in @ PinellasKiteboarding.com. This is a Tampa Bay area forum that a lot of people from Sarasota/Bradenton are participating on. We see a lot of South Tampa Bay Kiters at the Skyway on East winds.

Hope that helps
Paul

t_twotone
10-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I get up there. Was just wondering if there was anyone local.
I've met a couple but they never seem to be out. One went to college and the other works too much. What squids. Don't they know kiteboarding is the future. Didn't they see Waterworld?

Coño
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I spend about 2-3 weeks every winter (end of Dec-Beginning of Jan) at my parents place in Englewood. I am looking for some information about the englewood area as well. I live in the Dominican Republic but would love to get some time on the water there. I will be there from Dec. 22-Jan 5, 2006 on vacation. Can you tell me where you ride in the Englewood/Venice area? I know where the venice pier is and that area looks like it would set up pretty well. What kinds of winds are the best for these areas. Kite Size? Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Skyway Scott
10-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I have ridden the Englewood area. Stump pass, to be exact. Beautiful area and riding there.

http://www.bestbeaches.org/stumppassbeach/

I wish I knew other riders in the area, I was always alone when I rode there, but it was sweet!

Coño
10-23-2006, 04:47 PM
skyway scott,
if you will be around the englewood area in late december early jan. I would love to ride. I know stumps pass veery well, I love it out there and it does seem like a sweet place to ride. What size kites are you guys on down there during that time?

Skyway Scott
10-24-2006, 08:27 AM
I use to go when my family would visit Palm Island for a week every summer for about a week. I would go kiting and fishing every day. I was on a 16m '02 SS to date myself. This was back before their were many riders anywhere really, including the St. Pete beaches.

It is beautiful out there. I use to catch snook in the morning til the wind filled in, ride in the afternoon, and then just chill with my family playing cards and stuff :)