PDA

View Full Version : Been To Florida? What were your favorite stops and why?

ricki
12-16-2008, 04:51 AM
Lots of people are visiting Florida from other parts of the USA and world or are planning to for kiting and other purposes.
So, if you've been here in the last few years, what were your favorite stops, launches, etc. and why?

Florida has about 1200 miles of coastline and hundreds of riding areas. There are a lot of choices out there. Weather
changes, sometimes you have it, sometimes not. Some areas go off in some seasons and become quiet in others.
People have different expectations and needs in traveling. A lot goes into a good trip and can vary from kiter to kiter,
what happened that you really liked in your travels here?

John-
12-16-2008, 08:20 AM
I live in Newport RI, its a great town and our ocean, rivers and salt ponds are world class at times. But this time of year it SUCKS cause it's snowing and sleeting as I write this, so I head to Naples & Sanibel because of family ties but the wind is fickle in the gulf. Love the Sanibel lighthouse area, big sweet beaches but can get crowded with shellers and parking can fill up fast. Now my brother has a place in Jupiter and I cant wait to hit there this New Years, it reminds me of Newport/Pt Judith beaches here in RI but with warm water :mrgreen:

ricki
12-16-2008, 08:53 PM
I live in Newport RI, its a great town and our ocean, rivers and salt ponds are world class at times. But this time of year it SUCKS cause it's snowing and sleeting as I write this, so I head to Naples & Sanibel because of family ties but the wind is fickle in the gulf. Love the Sanibel lighthouse area, big sweet beaches but can get crowded with shellers and parking can fill up fast. Now my brother has a place in Jupiter and I cant wait to hit there this New Years, it reminds me of Newport/Pt Judith beaches here in RI but with warm water :mrgreen:

Nice summary of conditions and preferences, pretty accurate too! Although the west coast doesn't have a corner on fickle wind necessarily. Riding can be excellent throughout the entire state but there are different trends. Hope you get some good wind conditions and nice swells while you're in Jupiter.

Who else out there has found stuff they like when visiting Florida? Where and what was it and what appealed to you?