PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 11/30

Unimog Bob
11-30-2008, 07:09 AM
To all newer kiters, Today could be a great day or your worst nightmare. Lets be smart out there. Choose your kite carefully, keep an eye to the sky and watch for the approaching front. Most of all look at yourself and ask am I ready to ride in 25, gusting much higher. Make sure you establish and maintain distance from fixed objects. If it goes bad pull that release early and be ready with your leash release.

AN INTENSIFYING AREA OF LOW PRESSURE OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN STATES
EARLY THIS MORNING WILL MOVE EAST NORTHEAST UP ALONG THE MID
ATLANTIC COAST TONIGHT AND MONDAY. AS THIS LOW MOVES NORTHEAST IT
WILL DRAG A STRONG COLD FRONT THROUGH WEST CENTRAL AND SOUTHWEST
FLORIDA DURING THIS AFTERNOON. AHEAD OF THIS FRONT SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST
WINDS WILL INCREASE INTO THE 20 TO 25 MPH RANGE WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
THESE STRONG AND GUSTY WINDS WILL CREATE ROUGH AND HAZARDOUS BOATING
CONDITIONS ON AREA LAKES TODAY.

jim
11-30-2008, 12:03 PM
radar looked real ugly after about11.

had to get out early .

Danimal8199
11-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Rode in tarpon today. Good group of people up there! Probably 30's gusting to over 40! Def. not a good day for inexperienced kiters...

I rode and literally watched the approaching front, got off the water, 10 minutes later it was raining and the temp droppped 12 degrees from when I got there.

Danny

Todd RT
11-30-2008, 01:32 PM
I got 28 gusting to 37mph @ 10am.

And 31 gusting to 41 @ 11:00am.

No wonder I couldn't hold down my 10m! :mrgreen:

Wolfie
11-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Picnic Island was rocking today! I could not ask for a better ride.

Cborges
11-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Was a perfect morning/ early afternoon out at East Beach on my 7M and hubby Dustin was on his 9M...freakin awesome day of riding! The front came down around 1:45pm or so ...rolled up our kites just before the rain hit with satisfied smiles on our faces..

CJ

Kitespear813
11-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Yes picnic was awesme, Def one of my favorite days in a long time.

bryanleighty
12-01-2008, 10:29 AM
was pretty amazed how empty EB was .. Ive seen four times as many kites on a weekday..

not complaining here at all.. :)

great day..

i love those southern winds.

Erick
12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
was pretty amazed how empty EB was .. Ive seen four times as many kites on a weekday..

not complaining here at all.. :)

great day..

i love those southern winds.

Bryan,

I'm not so amazed just because I believe that on a strong SW there are more options to ride including the entire gulf, so we all riders spread out. I made 5 calls in that morning and all of them wanted to ride in different spots LOL. I'm glad to hear that everybody had fun wherever they end up going. I was craving for a d-winder and so i did with another 8 riders. I rode blind in the last 20 minutes of the dwinder (due to the fog of course) It was fun fun fun.

Unimog Bob
12-01-2008, 08:51 PM
You coming around the pier, out of nowhere, was the funniest thing I have(n't) seen in awhile.... :)

EB rocks. Everyone should always ride there.

(Scott)

BigR
12-02-2008, 05:46 AM
yep, one min. nobody there, all of a sudden there's Erick!
glad you found us in the fog, that was a fun fun downwinder! :D