PDA

View Full Version : Newer Kites With Better Low End?

administrator
08-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Is it my imagination or the critical lack of good reliable winds these days, or are some of the newer kites performing better at the low end? Instead of rigging a 16 m for instance you setup a 13 m and get away with it. Comments or experiences?

administrator
08-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Is it my imagination or the critical lack of good reliable winds these days, or are some of the newer kites performing better at the low end? Instead of rigging a 16 m for instance you setup a 13 m and get away with it. Comments or experiences?

RushMarkRush
08-18-2004, 03:45 PM
No way if you weigh over 200 lbs. I weigh in at 205 and watch riders that weigh 145 out cruising in 10 MPH and staying upwind. Being a lightweight in light air is without a doubt, a big plus. BUT HOW WOULD I KNOW?!

I hear you althought when it's honking, NOW who has an advantage?! I am not light weight at 185 lbs. for our weaker winds anyway but I would swear I am getting more grunt with smaller kite areas.

RushMarkRush
08-18-2004, 03:45 PM
No way if you weigh over 200 lbs. I weigh in at 205 and watch riders that weigh 145 out cruising in 10 MPH and staying upwind. Being a lightweight in light air is without a doubt, a big plus. BUT HOW WOULD I KNOW?!

I hear you althought when it's honking, NOW who has an advantage?! I am not light weight at 185 lbs. for our weaker winds anyway but I would swear I am getting more grunt with smaller kite areas.