PDA

View Full Version : Skyway wind?

RM3001
10-21-2008, 08:24 PM
What is the best way to tell if the Skyway is going to blow or not in the evening? I get off work at 4pm and I need to decide if it's worth it to drive to the Skyway and wait a little bit for the evening winds to pick up or if I should just drive home to N. Tampa. I usually check Ikite and Accuweather just before I leave work but this is usually before the winds start to pick up so not quite so useful.

Does it seem like the wind is waiting until later in the evening to pick up compared to last year? How does this fall compare to last fall in # of windy days?

Thanks for the help!

Steve-O
10-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Last fall sucked in my opinion. There were very few fronts until Jan. and hardly any easterly flow. Seems this fall is all about the East wind and lots of it.

As far as the evening blow, I usually look to see what NWS says about the evening winds. If it shows a pickup in the night forecast, there is a shot at some of that before the sun goes down. Tonights winds are forecasted to pick up. As with anything, nothing is certain.

kitekristrudo
10-23-2008, 11:38 PM
East Beach is the safest place to go for anything South thru North East

Steve-O
10-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Lame attempt.

Unimog Bob
10-24-2008, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=Steve-O;36004] If you had the option to ride the Skyway (onshore with hard downwind obstacles) vs. East Beach (sideshore with plenty of downwind room for error), then why increase your risk at the skyway on a day of increased weather risks?

That's funny I thought it was a good question when you posted it

Bob

Steve-O
10-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Go Rays!

BigR
10-25-2008, 04:36 AM
If you had the option to ride the Skyway (onshore with hard downwind obstacles) vs. East Beach (sideshore with plenty of downwind room for error), then why increase your risk at the skyway on a day of increased weather risks?

Obviously East Beach would be much more preferred. not only that, skyway has crappy choppy water conditions and East beach has perfect buttery flat water conditions. Why would you choose anything else?
East Beach Rocks!!!

Rays series in six!

Unimog Bob
10-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Go Water Sports West, Cab and Slingy! Safety Rocks!

bayflite
10-25-2008, 07:11 AM
safety is over-rated
go Mcain/Palin
rayz in 5