PDA

View Full Version : Cabrinha Demo at East Beach 8-30

Steve-O
08-29-2008, 06:20 PM
I am sure everyone is salivating at the forecast for the holiday weekend. Damien will be at East Beach on Saturday around 9 and stay most the day with an arsenal of all the new 09 kites and boards from Cabrinha.

Crossbow IDS
Switchblade IDS

Lots of questions about this new safety system from Cabrinha.

Have a great day and be safe!!!!

Tons of Switchblade 3's on closeout in the shop as well.

Steve-O
09-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Damo met all of us from the shop Sunday morning for an epic session and a chance to check out some of the new kites from Cabrinha. I think the winds were somewhere in the 30's.

I have never been a huge fan of the Crossbow, but the new Crossbow IDS is absolutely an amazing piece of engineering. The kite just devoured the gusts and delivered a smooth power like no other kite I have ridden. It was an amazing experience dealing with extra hang time I am not used to as well. The pulleys on the bar are gone on and I applaud this decision in the design.

It was interesting watching other kites handle these extreme conditions. Some buckled and flapped and just plain flew weird. Some performed nicely. I am just glad being in those conditions, that I was on a kite I felt could handle whatever was thrown at it.

All in all, IDS bar is the future. A below the bar leash attachment point for a 4 line SLE that flags out cleanly and safely. Cabrinha really stepped up last year with the SB3, and this year it is all about the Crossbow.

Thanks Damo for a great demo!!!