PDA

View Full Version : Channel 10 News "Kite surfers get "boost" from Fay"

Todd RT
08-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Saw this on the news, Channel 10 was at the Skyway today. Anyone here on this video? I recoreded the story to the DVR. PM me if you want a copy.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=87707&catid=8

Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for taping it ToddRT, please post a copy on www.TBKA.org if you can.
I heard Capt. Al and others did a great job with the interviews, really emphasizing the safety releases and the need for qualified instruction to enter the sport.
I am sure there will be plenty more reporters showing up on all beaches soon due to the recent incidents. Please use caution when speaking to reporters, they have been known to twist information to their storyline needs, especially in our area.
Thanks;)

Jay Taylor
08-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Ha ha that vid has all the guys on my truck... It talks about the hardcore guys who went from gandy to skyway lol that was josh taylor mike hall kevin jt thee and myself

C. Moore
08-21-2008, 07:44 PM
I got a call from Tammy that some reporters were at the back side yesterday and I was really against anyone talking to them. Then I heard that the reporter John Thomas with ABC Action News and my old neighbor who is the cameraman were the ones on scene. They were trying to put a positive spin on the accident down in Miami and since Al was the only one there he reluctantly did the interview. I showed up and talked to my old neighbor and I told him that if they made us look bad we would come after him since I knew where he lived. They promised they would make it look good and they just wanted a reason to show the Miami video again.

Tammy and I never got a chance to see it. We heard it went well and it was very positive. I'm glad that Al was on scene to be our spokesman we need some positive light for our area.

Good Karma for Al. :)

-Chris

Todd RT
08-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Lemme figure out how to download from the DVR to Utube or somethin...

More later.

:p

Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
08-22-2008, 12:44 PM
I was emailed this link, but it does not show the emergency depower demonstration that was filmed. Is this from the same day?

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=87734

You might have to download the flashplayer (just above the picture) to watch the video.

Todd RT
08-23-2008, 07:12 AM
That's the video, I'll watch the one on the DVR again, see if it's any different.