PDA

View Full Version : Now That's What I'm Talkin' Bout

t_twotone
08-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Had a great session today. It's been too long. Kited at Stump pass in Englewood.
Wind coming in, tide going out, what a BLAST! Just sharing the stoke.

Skyway Scott
08-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Sweet. I vacationed at Palm Island once about 6 years ago and rode in there a bunch. Nice place to ride.

t_twotone
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Yeah, there's a nice lagoon on the north end of the island. I tried kiting in it, but the wind wasn't really stong enough today, I think I needed the current going against the wind. Stump pass is at the north end of Palm Island. The pass is kind of skinny (alot of tacks) and is a bit of a hike from Stump Pass Park, but well worth it today. Real easy to stay upwind with the outgoing tide. I was jumping like mad. 3 or 4 tacks and I could do it all over again.

Skyway Scott
08-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Very cool. I kited that lagoon just a bit when I was there last. I use to fish Stump Pass often in college and out offshore from there, cuz my bud's family lived in Englewood. We're talking 20 years ago... geezus... seems weird.

That lagoon use to reach the Gulf and not be closed off, right?

Glad you had a great time out there today.

t_twotone
08-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Yeah, you're right. There were about 4 guys actually fishing in it. I talked to one of them and he said it gets refreshed when there are storms at high tide. He said he caught a 4' shark in there a week ago.