PDA

View Full Version : Classic forecast

Steve-O
07-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Thought this was kind of funny.

TONIGHT
SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. BAY AND INLAND
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.

SUNDAY THROUGH AUGUST
SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS EXCEPT
ONSHORE AROUND 10 KNOTS NEAR THE COAST EACH AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SCATTERED AFTERNOON AND EVENING THUNDERSTORMS EACH DAY.

Brian360
07-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Ikitesurf/Sailflow is showing mid-upper teens SE for Tuesday. Must be a computer glitch. I'll take anything around 13 knots right now.

BigR
07-06-2008, 07:10 AM
OREGON coast next week:

MON...N WIND 15 TO 20 KT...WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 8 FT AT 11 SECONDS. .
MON NIGHT...NW WIND 15 TO 20 KT...WITH GUSTS TO 25 KT IN THE EVENING. WIND WAVES 4 FT. W SWELL 6 FT. .

TUE...N WIND 15 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 4 FT. NW SWELL 6 FT. .
TUE NIGHT...N WIND 20 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 5 FT. NW SWELL 5 FT. .

WED...N WIND 15 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 4 FT. NW SWELL 6 FT. .

THU...N WIND 15 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 4 FT. NW SWELL 7 FT.

I hate to leave wind to find wind ........... but damm that sounds juicy!

Todd RT
07-06-2008, 07:12 AM
Which coast is that? FL East Coast? No way...

Steve-O
07-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Todd....that is the west coast of the US. Oregon.....north of Cali....south of Washington.

It is a part of the country I haven't seen yet but look forward to it in the future. Good wind, waves, and not so freekin hot.

John from the shop is going to ride Lake Tahoe in early August. He has gone there every summer for a wakeboard expo and he said it blows every freakin day like clockwork. Gotta love those desert winds.

Unimog Bob
07-06-2008, 10:47 AM
San Fran 15 to 25 kts under the golden gate this afternoon. It looks like it does that most days this time of year. I hope it holds thru Tues when I'll give it a shot. Got to do the family thing the next couple days.

toby wilson
07-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Had a nice sesh on the ocean side here in OBX today. Waist to chest-high waves , had a blast in my first real wave session...outside of the gulf that is. Looks like lots of wind to come for the rest of the week too! ;) I'll ask the wind gods to hook you guys up and send some down to you!

BigR
07-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Yack!!!

I don't need any more wind!
7m and super litttttttt Today!
35+++ , Lori didn't even get to kite it was too much for her.
That's all right she says tho' cause she's tired from hiking in the
snow glades and waterfall canyons

Maybe the coast will be easier wind on us......

Lori
07-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh yea my brothers were here at my parents house with their kids and got so sore trying to play soccer with them and hiking that I could barely move today. Looked gusty and lots of people at the event site today. Love my Surfboard, Art Coyler did a great job on the board very cool and perfect for my size can't wait to try it on the coast. Looks so beautiful was kind of scared to take it out but that won't laste long. Love this area of the country if only we could find a job fot 6 month in Oregon and 6 months in florida......

Tom Stock
07-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I love the smell of the wind in the morning.... smells like... a burrito.