PDA

View Full Version : Where are the damn HF??

balloonboy
07-25-2005, 02:27 PM
I know theres no wind but we could at least blow one up.

balloonboy
07-25-2005, 02:27 PM
I know theres no wind but we could at least blow one up.

moylemuncha
07-26-2005, 06:33 AM
what about dakine order :!:

moylemuncha
07-26-2005, 06:33 AM
what about dakine order :!:

balloonboy
07-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Tho less fun to look at, the DK order is in Ft L and should be here in a few days.

balloonboy
07-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Tho less fun to look at, the DK order is in Ft L and should be here in a few days.

moylemuncha
07-28-2005, 11:12 AM
less fun ? I am planning on wearing my nitrous shorts around town.

Long live the end of Summer

moylemuncha
07-28-2005, 11:12 AM

ricki
07-28-2005, 11:57 AM

Be careful, that could get out of control. When I was a kid there was this local captain that ran charters into the Bahamas. He was fair skinned but fairly large at about 6'5" and 275 lbs with a big red beard. He used to walk around in Alice Town, Bimini in his free diving get up. This was quite a while ago before dive skins.

His rigout consisted of two tone green dance tights, top to bottom, a belt/sash, a palm hat, a knife on his leg and a ski pole he reportely used for poking sharks. Sort of reminded me of Peter Pan on mega-steroids. I was with him on a stroll once along Queens Hwy, it was tough on a 17 year old. Best to keep the water stuff in the water! Otherwise the locals might make you a legend or something.

I'll add my wishes for a rapid, hurricane-less end to summer as well. Weather.

ricki
07-28-2005, 11:57 AM

Be careful, that could get out of control. When I was a kid there was this local captain that ran charters into the Bahamas. He was fair skinned but fairly large at about 6'5" and 275 lbs with a big red beard. He used to walk around in Alice Town, Bimini in his free diving get up. This was quite a while ago before dive skins.

His rigout consisted of two tone green dance tights, top to bottom, a belt/sash, a palm hat, a knife on his leg and a ski pole he reportely used for poking sharks. Sort of reminded me of Peter Pan on mega-steroids. I was with him on a stroll once along Queens Hwy, it was tough on a 17 year old. Best to keep the water stuff in the water! Otherwise the locals might make you a legend or something.

I'll add my wishes for a rapid, hurricane-less end to summer as well. Weather.

moylemuncha
08-04-2005, 11:17 AM
was spearing at hole-in-the-wall last weekend and could have done with two ski poles - just have to figure out where to find one around here.

moylemuncha
08-04-2005, 11:17 AM
was spearing at hole-in-the-wall last weekend and could have done with two ski poles - just have to figure out where to find one around here.

ricki
08-04-2005, 01:44 PM

Where is your "Hole-In-The-Wall?" A story about ours over in SE Florida appears at:

http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=38

It can be a pretty bizarre dive.

It sounds like yours attracts some interesting company as well. You could always make a shark billly. I used one as a security blanket for a while when I was a teenager on solo dives. It is just a wooden dowel, I used a secton of broom stick, I think Cousteau used something a bit more substantial, with some nail heads for traction on one end and a lanyard on the other.

ricki
08-04-2005, 01:44 PM

Where is your "Hole-In-The-Wall?" A story about ours over in SE Florida appears at:

http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=38

It can be a pretty bizarre dive.

It sounds like yours attracts some interesting company as well. You could always make a shark billly. I used one as a security blanket for a while when I was a teenager on solo dives. It is just a wooden dowel, I used a secton of broom stick, I think Cousteau used something a bit more substantial, with some nail heads for traction on one end and a lanyard on the other.

moylemuncha
08-10-2005, 10:55 AM
still haven't figured out how you post maps and pics - but hole in the wall is basically SE tip of Abaco that juts out into the Atlantic. Good for all kinds of fishing with deep dropoff running from close to shore out to a huge underwater ridge. We got 30 hog fish in an hour free diving in 30' to 40'. Lost one to a very frisky 7' black tip.

A friend of mine used to manage resturaunt at Abaco Beach Resort and he had an old picture hanging in his office - of a very large great white munching on a very large marlin behind the back of a boat. The picture was suposedly taken from a sport fish in the area of hole in the wall (abaco), which was fighting the marlin prior to shark attack.

they say you will never see the one that bites you :-)

moylemuncha
08-10-2005, 10:55 AM
still haven't figured out how you post maps and pics - but hole in the wall is basically SE tip of Abaco that juts out into the Atlantic. Good for all kinds of fishing with deep dropoff running from close to shore out to a huge underwater ridge. We got 30 hog fish in an hour free diving in 30' to 40'. Lost one to a very frisky 7' black tip.

A friend of mine used to manage resturaunt at Abaco Beach Resort and he had an old picture hanging in his office - of a very large great white munching on a very large marlin behind the back of a boat. The picture was suposedly taken from a sport fish in the area of hole in the wall (abaco), which was fighting the marlin prior to shark attack.

they say you will never see the one that bites you :-)