PDA

View Full Version : TBKA "Safety Day", Swap Meet,& Cookout!

TBKA
06-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Date: Saturday, June 28
Time: All Day

This is the first of several “Safety Days” brought to you by TBKA volunteers and local instructors. It is a free service for kiteboarding safety and we are donating our time and efforts to assure that every kiter in Tampa Bay has the necessary basic skills required to practice safely on our beaches.
TBKA Volunteer instructors will conduct self-rescue demonstrations/practice and discuss other important safety info.
IMPORTANT:Please log on to TBKA forum and "vote"to let us know you'll be there!
The "vote" is sort of an RSVP, you dont have to make a post, but it does require sign-up with TBKA.
Please "vote" in the cookout poll to let us know you will be there! We want to have plenty of burgers and dogs for everyone. Bring your family, we will have something fun for everyone to do!

Female volunteers will be teaching your better half how to launch and land kites, so bring them out for a great day with your kiting buddies!

If there's no wind, we will be wakeboarding in the channel near Bunce's Pass.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
More info coming soon!

Todd RT
06-03-2008, 06:19 AM
Sounds cool! I haven't drank any coffee yet... did I miss the date somewhere in that post??

TBKA
06-03-2008, 06:38 PM
No Todd, I missed the date on my cut and paste. I did get it on the calender properly so my skills are improving a little, I think:confused:

Just make sure to flip over to www.tbak.org (http://www.tbak.org) and let us know you're coming.;)
Thanks for your support!
See you there

amber
06-03-2008, 07:40 PM
steve means www.tbka.org ha ha. I will try not to take offense to the "female volunteers teaching your better halves" to launch and land kites. However, it is a great and very helpful skill for anyone to learn who likes to hang out on the beach.

Unimog Bob
06-03-2008, 08:40 PM
www.tbak.org I think you're really on to something now Steve. A not for profit group to promote the safe wearing of g-string bikinis and to maintain free access. If you can combine that with the cook out and the launching and landing lessons I'm sure you'll have an overwhelming turn out! I hope I'm in town so I can be there... as long as you're not modeling... in which case Roy will take my place.

Bob

TBKA
06-03-2008, 09:41 PM
HaHa It got you guys thinking about a cookout didn't it!
Amber the "female volunteers" is to encourage the wives to come and check it out. Should I have said Hott TBKA kiters chicks?
I just checked a PM, and a friendly local said he was bringing some Oysters!
Its looking like it's going to be a feast!

Skyway Scott
06-03-2008, 09:55 PM
It should be fun, for sure.

Here is a link to the calendar. If you click on the event (in this case, safety day and cookout) you get more details.

http://tbka.org/forum/index.php?action=calendar

TBKA
06-08-2008, 04:56 PM
We have decided to cancel the swap meet and put our efforts into a beach cleanup instead. Meeting at 8:00 AM at East Beach Sat. June 28
That means breakfast on the beach! Last time Bayflite had grilled toaster streudels(with icing of course),:) I wonder what its gonna be this time?

bayflite
06-09-2008, 08:33 PM
i'll never tell
you'll just have2 wait n c
peace

Tom Stock
06-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Don't really understand why you can't do both?

Skyway Scott
06-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Steve can correct me if I am wrong, but after visiting with Jim I think Steve decided a gear swap meet starts to push the envelope a little too closely regarding the park's views concerning commercial activity within it's boundaries. One of the goals of TBKA is to build relationships with the people of Ft. DeSoto and the other areas we ride, not push the boundaries of those relationships. So, we decided to do something for the park and not hold the swap meet.

Tom Stock
06-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Ahhh ok... that makes sense. I wasn't thinking of it that way.

amber
06-11-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm gonna be stuck at my stepsister's stupid wedding that weekend. :(

BigR
06-11-2008, 04:18 AM
In miami we never had our swap meets in the park itself but instead on the causeway roads leading into the parks

Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
06-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Don't forget, cookout is THIS Saturday, June 28 at 8:00 AM.
We are still in need of tables and shade tents, so please bring one if you have it.
See you there!

DJ HiPPiE
06-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Something has come up and it looks like i'm not gonna be able to make it.

Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
06-27-2008, 07:59 PM
No worries Hippie, a bunch of peeps are working or out of town this weekend also, and we have plenty more cookouts coming up.

Bring trainer kites if you have them.
Get there early and beat the heat!
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
8:00 AM