PDA

View Full Version : Where's Bryan?

mkiesow
06-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Anyone know where Bryan Maieritsch is?

I purchased a kite from him (St. Pete Kites) a couple weeks ago. He said he would send it out last Sat. but no e-mail or phone calls since. He doesn't answer when I try to contact him.

Mike Hall is my instructor and gave me the impression he knew Bryan well before he left on his trip to Spain (?).

At one point Bryan mentioned a business partner. I didn't get a name. Can anyone get me in touch with someone else from St. Pete Kites if Bryan is out of town or something?

inferno
06-01-2008, 10:13 PM
not sure where hes at, but just to ease your mind hes not avoiding you...
i was trying to get ahold of him to ride a few days ago but didnt get an answer either...
great guy though
:)

toby wilson
06-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I'll second Inferno's post, he is a great guy and definitely isn't avoiding you. I am sure it is just some unforseen issue that arose and he didn't get your message yet or for some reason can't get back to you. One of the most stand-up guys in this whole kiting community...

Tom Stock
06-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Anyone know where Bryan Maieritsch is?

I purchased a kite from him (St. Pete Kites) a couple weeks ago. He said he would send it out last Sat. but no e-mail or phone calls since. He doesn't answer when I try to contact him.

Mike Hall is my instructor and gave me the impression he knew Bryan well before he left on his trip to Spain (?).

At one point Bryan mentioned a business partner. I didn't get a name. Can anyone get me in touch with someone else from St. Pete Kites if Bryan is out of town or something?

Bryan is a nice honest guy. I'll stop by the shop and his house and check on it if you don't hear from him today. He has another business installing windows and sometimes forgets his cell phone at the job site. He was probably referring to me as one of his partners... I keep his website up and running for him.

Nice choice of kite btw... that's a fun kite.

TBKA
06-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Bryan is out of town, on a trip up north with his family. He'll be back in 2 weeks.

toby wilson
06-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Tom or Steve,

You guys got any way to help this guy out and get him his new kite? Maybe a way that the kite could be checked on? Just an idea...

Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
06-02-2008, 05:23 PM
I put in a few calls, but I am not sure if he took his phone with him.
I can offer up a 12m loaner till Bryan gets back.
Steve (813) 389-3683

mkiesow
06-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

An attempted delivery notice was left at my place today. I'll need to pick up the package.

Obviously Bryan shipped it out before leaving town just wish he would have sent me the tracking number.

Hope to see some good winds soon!

Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
06-02-2008, 07:16 PM
I know he had a gig the night before leaving town
Congrats on the new kite!

Tom Stock
06-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Launch that venom, hold it by the chicken loop over your head and be prepared to be amazed... don't bother touching the bar..it will not crash... it'll fly right back to zenith.

mkiesow
06-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Launch that venom, hold it by the chicken loop over your head and be prepared to be amazed... don't bother touching the bar..it will not crash... it'll fly right back to zenith.

That's what I've heard. We'll see. Turns out Bryan didn't send (have?) the spars... wish I would have known that. I'm going to have to make some I guess.

Also the inflation zippers are totally frozen up. I'll need to figure out how to free them up or they'll need to be replaced. :(

Tom Stock
06-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Really? The tip spars were installed last time I saw that kite (a month ago).

I would double check, I bet he removed them to pack the kite smaller in the shop and completely forgot they were not still in the kite.

mkiesow
06-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Anyone seen Bryan yet? I still haven't heard from him. Would be nice to know more about the spars considering the ad stated that the kite was complete...:confused:

Big G
06-22-2008, 07:36 AM
I believe Byans plan was to be back this week. He went North for a couple of weeks.

Try and get in touch with him this week. You havent missed any air time if that helps any.

Tom Stock
06-22-2008, 09:03 AM
I only know of two spars.. (the wing tip battens) which as far as I know he never removed...

bayflite
06-22-2008, 05:31 PM
mark,
sorry i don't check the forum alot.
my # is 727-251-7904.
peace

mkiesow
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Bryan is a nice honest guy. I'll stop by the shop and his house and check on it if you don't hear from him today. He has another business installing windows and sometimes forgets his cell phone at the job site. He was probably referring to me as one of his partners... I keep his website up and running for him.

Sorry, despite the glowing reviews here, I find Bryan to be LESS THAN HONEST.

My conversations with Bryan after discovering that the spars were missing and zippers frozen (unlike what he represented on stpetekites.com):

Call #1(after all the attempted calls while he was out of town)

Me - where are the spars?

Bryan - didn't I tell you there weren't any?

Me - no and the ad said complete kite...

Bryan - gee... I thought I told you.

Me - well I have to have some to use the kite and it's going to cost me like $40.

Bryan - hmmm... I didn't really want to sell that kite anyway. You could send it back to me.

Me - how about you PayPal me the $40 for spars. I don't want to pay to ship the kite back to you. I already paid to ship it here.

Bryan - ahhh... I guess.

Me - I'll send the PayPal request tonight.

Bryan - OK

Request sent on June 28... reminder sent last week... nothing.

Call #2

Me - Bryan, you haven't sent me that $40.

Bryan - really, huh, I thought I did.

Me - nope, could you go into PayPal and check it out and send it?

Bryan - yeah... I'll check into it tonight. I've never sent money before...

Me - well I'd appreciate it if you'd take care of this tonight so it doesn't have to go on any longer.

Bryan - OK

STILL NOTHING. Is St. Pete Kites licensed to do business in Florida? Does sending falsely advertized goods out of state constitute mail fraud (a felony)? I'm sure the attorney general of Florida can answer these questions for me.:mad:

noel
07-24-2008, 08:08 PM
mkiesow,

What kind of kite are we talking about here? Maybe I can help until Bryan gets back. What state do you live in?

Tom Stock
07-24-2008, 09:30 PM
I found the description...

Used/Demo 12M Peter Lynn Venom FOIL KITE

If you've never ridden a Foil you are in for a shock. This 12M foil kite has the depower of a bow kite, the pull of a C kite, and will fly by itself. It is also quick and easy to set up and launch. No pumping required. It jumps as good as any C kite, loops fast, and is easy to water relaunch.

We took this kite out to East Beach a year ago and tied it to a post while we ate lunch. It flew for an hour without us ever touching it... then we just simply walked over, hooked in, and went riding. When we were done we hooked it right back up to the post and let it fly by itself.

We demoed this kite but ever since E-Bone made the pump so popular it's hard to convince everyone to try something new. Too bad cause this kite is awesome!

This is an amazing kite and foils aren't cheap.. grab it while you can. Kite only, used.
This product was added to our catalog on Tuesday 04 December, 2007.

Unimog Bob
07-25-2008, 04:51 AM
That sounds like a great kite. I'm sorry I didn't get to demo it while it was in town. How much would you sell it for? I'll bet I could make some spars for next to nothing and have a great kite if the price was right.

bayflite
07-25-2008, 06:49 AM
mike,

It is unfortunate that that you feel the need to get into a pissing match over such a small issue here.

I'm positive that I told you the kite was a bit beat up and needed work.

I'm also positive that the add did not say kite complete.(thanks tom)

I'm also positive that I paid for the shipping.

I'm also a very positive person...so the negative impulses that I'm feeling right now aren't gonna get the best of me.

I look forward to your next visit to St Pete so we can settle this matter unlike a couple of 13 year old girls on my space.

peace

noel
07-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Bryan,

What's up? You are right to a point. Yes, you didn't say the kite was complete but you also (in the post) didn't say the kite was incomplete. The wingtip battens are a must in PL Venoms. Also for future reference, since I used to fly PLs, they don't fly by themselves. They do auto-zienith. There is a big difference especially when talking to a noob. If in the future someone feels that they don't need to say the kite is complete then nobody can get mad when they get an inflatable without bladders. I didn't say it was complete.

I'm not trying to start an argument or loose friends over this but as a shop owner this needs to be taken care of. If this person lived in St. Pete, would it have been taken care of differently?? Think about it!!!!!!

Tom Stock
07-25-2008, 08:49 AM
I made the post for the kite, not Bryan. He doesn't run the website, I do it for him as a favor.

I had this kite a few weeks before he shipped it. The wing tip battens are already INSTALLED. At least they were when I gave the kite back to bayflite. How do I know? Because I was going to remove them to pack the kite smaller but the zippers were stiff so I didn't bother, I just left them in. Since they were still salted and stiff when you got it, it's entirely unlikely that they were ever removed.

I'm assuming you are referring to a different set of spars (which I didn't even know existed) but I've asked three times and you haven't answered the question once.

Also for future reference, since I used to fly PLs, they don't fly by themselves.

See for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSWfi5AMT2E

And this one just because it rocks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bai0CTjbxrQ&feature=related

-tom

noel
07-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Not once in the video do you see the riders let go of the bar while riding. That is because it does not fly by it self. You must tell the kite to turn left, turn right, kite loop, etc... What the kite does do is "auto-zienith". When you let go of the bar, it (the kite) will automaticly goto the zienith. 12 o'clock or neutral and only if the lines are perfectly even. Hense the term "auto-zienith". It will not land itself or launch itself so saying it flys itself is not a good statement to tell a noob.

PS - Sorry for not knowing that you posted the add. The post says "Where's Bryan" not "Where's Tom".

inferno
07-25-2008, 09:43 AM
The post says "Where's Bryan" not "Where's Tom".

forget about Bryan and Tom.... im still trying to find Waldo....been looking since the 3rd grade :rolleyes:

had to lighten the thread up :)

Skyway Scott
07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
This is an easy one.
Mike needs to take a pic of the kite and show us the spars removed (sounds like it was not possible to remove them).

I too am not trying to start a fight, but one thing has become ABUNDANTLY clear to me in the last year. On the internet, he said/she said is a losing situation, because facts are conveniently left out or tweaked. It's quite sickening.
It's the primary reason I don't say too much about "situations" anymore. It's sort of pointless when people take lying so lightly.

In this case, a simple pic of the kite will solve the issue of whether the spars are in there. Right?

I have known Bryan an awful long time. He is not perfect. But, the last thing I would ever expect of him is to purposefully lie to make a buck.
I have seen him just give stuff away or sell it at a loss, so that sounds way out of character.

If the spars are gone and the zippers aren't totally torn to shreds, I will PayPal this guy 40 bucks and help to resolve the issue.
Bryan has been known to forget on occasion.
I have no idea what the original conversation was, and don't care. I haven't called Bryan and asked him about this... again, I don't care.
Bryan has given me well over 40 bucks of burgers, drinks and kite stuff over the last 6 years.

If no pic comes up on here, or if one does, but the region where the spars were look like wolves attacked it, I won't be too impressed.
If it comes up with no spars and the area is clear, Mike will get his money today using PayPal.

I still remember when the kiting community was small and relatively tight knit. We all knew one another. Those days are long gone.

Danimal8199
07-25-2008, 10:23 AM
speaking of internet transactions...

I knew a guy who bought a kite that was in "Excellent condition with no repairs"

and the reality was there were about 5 pinholes in the kite, very small. Even though I would not consider that excellent condition the add did say no repairs which makes you think there would be nothing to repair when in fact there were some small holes.

So no repairs doesn't mean no damage...

bayflite
07-25-2008, 12:49 PM
mark,
i will call you today.

noel
the kite does fly itself.
why do you have to bring zenith into this?
they make great television sets.

Wow, by looking at all the views this thread has generated, i'm kinda bummed out.
i guess its all about the negative.
look how few views the real positive threads get.

Steve-O
07-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Beach Day 4 the kids got over 2000+ views......don't get too down brotha.

Big G
07-26-2008, 12:33 AM
Bryan,
I need some window/screen work done at the house and at my office. Give me a call on Monday so we can take a look at those projects.

Skyway Scott
07-26-2008, 06:51 AM
I thought this thread was more about people supporting you than anything.

Woodson
07-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Right here!

On a positive note after a three month hiatus...

"We're riding Friday...!"

Danimal8199
07-28-2008, 03:23 PM
WOW out of the "wood" work its woodson!

Unimog Bob
07-28-2008, 05:11 PM
I hope it blows, but don't hold your breath. Accuweather doesn't show anything yet, but I've changed travel plans just in case it does.

mkiesow
08-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Still nothing. E-mail last friday looking for my address. Said he couldn't get PayPal to work. (BTW, Bryan, you should at least be able to tell from PayPal that I paid more than the price of the kite, i.e. I paid the shipping!)

Sent the address to him that night (over a week ago). Apparently a check is tough to send out too.

Bryan, it's such a small thing, right? $40 is a small thing, I guess, but a person's word isn't a small thing. Why can't you make it right?

conchxpress
08-02-2008, 11:11 AM
These things are what the PM function is for.

Enough already.

Unimog Bob
08-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Dude you're a whinny bitch! I can't imagine what your deal is. Bryan has given away more equipment to help people than what you're complaining about. If you can't figure a way to fab up a couple of supposedly missing spars I'm surprised your bright enough to post your private business on a public forum. How much do you have tied up in this kite including shipping? I'll take up a collection and buy it back from you if you will promise to take your pissing and moaning somewhere else.

Bob

Oh by the way did you join this forum just to complain? I can't find a post by you doing anything else. Do you have another user name and you using this one just to slagg a great guy? Was this a set up from the get go??

Skyway Scott
08-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Mike, are you French Canadian by any chance?

mkiesow
08-06-2008, 09:30 PM
You're right, I'm done here. An official complaint has been filed. I was hoping to avoid that.

Bryan is apparently different in person. Someone like that should open a storefront not an internet business...

JoshTaylor
08-08-2008, 02:03 AM
dude, find a different hobby.

BoBo the Safety Clown
08-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Yo Bryan, HEADS UP
I saw this guy lurking around your house and asking questions on the beach
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn98/Kite-4-Life/a.jpg

KOOKALICIOUS
08-11-2008, 07:58 PM
You're right, I'm done here. An official complaint has been filed. I was hoping to avoid that.

Bryan is apparently different in person. Someone like that should open a storefront not an internet business...

Yo mkiesow!!! Right on man!!! KOOKALICIOUS IN DA HIZZOUSE!!! Formal komplaints and hosing other kiters on a public forum is the ONLY way to go, you should join my new klub, the KITE SPAR KOOKSTERS!!! It is only $40 to join and you get a FREE set of kite spars that fit a 12M Peter Lynn Venom foil kite!!! All you have to do is buy a PL Venom man!!!

Let me know if you wanna join dude, you even get mad props as one of the area's koolest Kookaholics!!! Keep it kooky man, I'm SO stoked you are joining the klub!

-KOOKALICIOUS aka The Kook-Aid Man