PDA

View Full Version : Indian Roks Beach Report - IMPORTANT

Danimal8199
05-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Yesterday I caught a nice seabreeze with about 4 others down at IRB.

I saw 3 small sharks and countless schools of rays.

and unfortunately, I saw a younger looking blond guy with a 2 handled traction kite lofting himself off of the railings of the walkover bridge from the parking lot to the beach.

He was climing on top of the railing and over and over launched himself crashing his kite many times into the sea oats, which is illegal, btw.

This was the second day I have seen him doing this.

If anyone knows this kid please tell him to stop because he is endangering himself, the beachgoers, and our sport. I highly doubt most people really know the difference between the foilkites like this kid had and a kiteboarding kite.

Thanks.

TBKA
05-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Thats a horrible place to be flying a trainer anyway, send him to Treasure Island or somewhere with a wider beach and less people.
A kid like this could cause a ban in no time when he hurts himself, someone else, or pisses off the neighbors.
Please take this seriously and put a stop to this however possible.
Thanks for the update Danny!

Tom Stock
05-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Just curious you've seen him twice now, and watched him do jump over and over.

Why didn't to say something while he was in the act? Just askin'!

Danimal8199
05-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Good Question Tom,

2 nights ago I was on my way to dinner and was trying to locate someone so I stopped off at 27th and looked down the beach real quick and saw him, didn't have time to drive in the opposite direction and have the conversation with him. Last night I was tryng to stay upwind and he was pretty far downwind. He came and left in the time I was on the water.

Thats why I'm posting on here.

But if I see him again you bet I will say something.

Danny

Tom Stock
05-31-2008, 04:22 PM
right on